"more replies below current level" handling

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by John F. Eldredge, Jun 2, 2008.

1. John F. Eldredge

John F. Eldredge Member Licensed User

On this site, if I click on the "more replies below current level" message in a thread, the new page displayed shows the same messages as before. The only way to get to these lower-level messages is to back out of the thread, to the list of threads, and click on the "2" or "3". On other sites with a similar interface, clicking on the "more replies below current level" link brings up a new page that includes the next level of replies (i.e., if the first screen shows five levels of replies, the next level shows 10 levels of replies). This is more intuitive than having to back out of the thread in order to see the next level of replies.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Where do you see the message "more replies below current level"?

3. John F. Eldredge

John F. Eldredge Member Licensed User

The actual message, it turned out, is "more replies below current depth". I have attached a screen capture, morereplies.jpg, showing the message.

Attached Files:

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I recommend you to change your viewing to "Linear (Older first)" instead of "Hybrid".
    It is done under User CP - Edit Options - Thread Display Options.

I find it more convenient and it will solve this problem.
    BTW, this is the default behavior of vBulettin (the forum software).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice