Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought this was resolved.
I am getting this error when trying to close the serial port (sp.Close):

B4X:
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000054a7b195, pid=8456, tid=0x0000000000000640
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_261-b12) (build 1.8.0_261-b12)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.261-b12 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [jvm.dll+0x16b195]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Users\jugesd\ONEDRI~1\DOCUME~1\B4JPRO~1\R9_B4J\dev\Objects\hs_err_pid8456.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

I have attached the full bug report. It is a very large piece of code at the moment, I have not tried to see how much I can remove, if any, before the problem goes away.

This is with Oracle Java, I get the exact same error at the exact same spot with OpenJDK...

This just showed up with code that has been working for a while (a dozen machines run this software, apparently I am the only one with this issue).
It is a new machine (< 1 month old), with a very recent installation of everything. If pertinent, I'll be glad to collect version numbers, etc...
Just trying to get a heads up if it's something that there is a known solution for before I start tearing everything apart.

TIA

Didier

Didier9

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel, I just reinstalled B4J on this new machine and I thought the jssc would be the new one. It is working now.
Interestingly, the problem was a little different than before (when I first came across a similar issue a ~year ago), it did not crash when opening the port and the port would work, but I was getting that error (with a wholesale Java crash) when closing the port (or simply closing AStreams.)

Upvote 0