B4J Question MouseEvent not working

RogerGCollin

Licensed User
Hi, I am new to B4J and going through the second beginners exercise called the second B4J program. For the life of me I cannot get the mouse events for the number buttons to fire. (Private Sub btnEvent_MouseClicked (EventData As MouseEvent)). Also and unfortunately, the code example is not provided for this. The 'OK' button works but the number buttons do not do anything. As a newbe I would really appreciate some help on this. I have some experience in Excel VBA so I do not think that

Attachments

• Rogers 2nd Program Problem.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 175

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome in the B4X world.
Also and unfortunately, the code example is not provided for this.
The source code is available for all examples in all the booklets.
Two possibilities:
- download all the booklets and all the source code from the link below, the text below is a copy from the B4X Documentation Booklets thread.
Several B4X documentation booklets are available in PDF format, Download Link.
All files are included in the zip file in the link above, pdf booklets and all the source code.

- If you read the booklets online, you can download all the source codes from the link below, which is in the B4X Documentation Booklets thread.
SourceCode
Zip file containing all the source codes.

When you wrote your program you missed this:
1593164867989.png

from page 135 in the Getting started booklet.

Upvote 0

RogerGCollin

Licensed User
Thank you for the welcome Klaus. However the source code in the B4X documentation for SecondProgram.B4J is not correct and only has the code for the My First Program in it. It would be good to get this corrected for us newbies!

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
However the source code in the B4X documentation for SecondProgram.B4J is not correct ...
I just looked at it and yes, the source code is not complete. Thank you for reporting it.
The 'full' version is attached, sorry for the trouble.
I sent Erel an update for the forum.

Attachments

• SecondProgram.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0