Android Question Move keyboard?

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a edittext that extends to the bottom of the available screen. When the cursor is at the bottom
of the edittext then the keyboard will hide the cursor. Is it possible to move the keyboard up, so that the area of the cursor remains visible?
I am using the IME library, but the that doesn't seem to provide a solution to this.
Alternatively is it possible to put the keyboard on a panel, so I can move it up with the panel?

RBS

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Check this Tutorial, just below the first screen shot - there's a process you must follow and also there is an issue if you are using "Full Screen Mode" - Remember the entry in the Manifest File

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/handle-the-soft-keyboard-with-the-ime-library.14832/

Update: You should explicitly set the adjustSize mode with the manifest editor. This is done by adding the following manifest editor code (for each activity):
Code:
B4X:
SetActivityAttribute(main, android:windowSoftInputMode, adjustResize|stateHidden)

So where it says "main" above, you put your activity name that you want to resize.

Upvote 0

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had seen that one and use that method in other situations, but in this case I would like to move the keyboard, not the app screen.

RBS

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can not move the keyboard. You need to handle it using the IME library as written by @BillMeyer

There are Keyboardapps out in the Playstore which provide a moveable keyboard though.

Upvote 0