Android Question Move project - change apk output dir

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
I decided to move my project files from my hdd to my ssd and found that the apk output dir is still set to the old folder.

To reproduce this:

Create a project: D:\Android\Project1
Move it somewhere else: C:\Dev\Android\Project1
Open the project from the new dir and compile it.
You will find the apk in the previous output dir: D:\Android\Project1\Objects,
not the new one: C:\Dev\Android\Project1\Objects.

I think the output dir setting isn`t being transferred when the project is moved.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Mike.

Ok, I`m officially an idiot. I`d been opening the project by clicking recent items in the start menu. I should have checked I was opening the right one! Apologies :embarrassed:

Last edited:

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes that made a difference to me. Ill see in a couple of days how the real world performance feels like.

There's reports that some people have found the Performance Restoration Software fix to be only temporary.
http://www.thessdreview.com/daily-n...ow-petitioning-samsung-replace-affected-ssds/

I have 2 840 EVOs and can't say i've ever noticed any performance loss.
I have used the Performance Restoration Software on both drives but only because i felt it'd be a good idea, not because i was after any lost performance.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've never felt the need to use performance restoration, even on my previous 840. Maybe you have a faulty SSD, they come with a three year warranty so changing it shouldn't be an issue if it's faulty. I liked the performance of my 830, but I love the performance of my 840's.

Samsung will not be getting any complaints from me, I'm a very happy customer...

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey @thedesolatesoul,
You've got me thinking about what speed the drive will actually run at when set to performance, so I changed the settings and here are the results...

Untitled-1.jpg

Upvote 0

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I see the new Samsung EVO 850 has problems reported by some users with a recent firmware update:
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/after-samsung-840-evo-issues-now-the-850-pro-has-issues-too.html

Along with the EVO 840 slowdown this sort of news doesn't inspire a lot of faith in Samsung.
I did a LOT of research before buying SSDs and heard not-so-great stories about Crucial/OCZ/Kingston etc, and Samsung was at the top of every single benchmark and the 850 Pro Evo especially was unanimously considered the best SSD that money could buy. :(

Atleast in my case the benchmarks/tests did show a slow down, but I havent noticed any discernible difference.

Upvote 0