Android Question MQTT or (Network + AsyncStreams + B4XSerializator)

M.LAZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,,
i will start my project soon but i'm so confused, the project uses a local network consists of one server and multi clients , the server side represent a vb.net Desktop app and clients represents mobile phone app, clients could send different data to server and server response to every client.
which is the best technique to use in my project?
MQTT or (Network + AsyncStreams + B4XSerializator)

thank so much

Gandalf

Licensed User
Longtime User
It depends. Do you need realtime communication? If yes, use AsyncStreams. MQTT has delay about 0,5 to 1 second even in same LAN. But MQTT has a lot of advantages - ready to use authorization and authentication, simple addressing and monitoring. Take a look at jMQTTBrokerExtended library and examples. I strongly advise to run MQTT broker on Linux system or Windows server system, since desktop Windows handles multiple incoming connections badly.

Upvote 0

M.LAZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
It depends. Do you need realtime communication? If yes, use AsyncStreams. MQTT has delay about 0,5 to 1 second even in same LAN. But MQTT has a lot of advantages - ready to use authorization and authentication, simple addressing and monitoring. Take a look at jMQTTBrokerExtended library and examples. I strongly advise to run MQTT broker on Linux system or Windows server system, since desktop Windows handles multiple incoming connections badly.
Yes i need real time connection..
Asyncstream may be the best solution for me..

Upvote 0