Share My Creation Mr. Bucket - Status: approved

Hurraaaaaaaa...........

My first App "Mr. Bucket" has been approved to the App Store.

Description
Mr. Bucket

Fun addictive game for any age, tap on the screen to change direction.
How high can you fly??

Have fun :)

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr.-bucket/id940821253?l=iw&ls=1&mt=8

App was uploaded at Nov 13, 2014 10:34 PM and approved Today morning.

I had one other app rejected because the app icon was allready used by an other app, so you need to be carefull.

From my very low experience (and also forum searching) i found out that if your app changed to status "In Review" and after one hour it was not rejected that means there is a big chance your app will be approved but still it could be that it will be rejected.

Status: Waiting for Review - about 6 Days (including weekend)

1.png

screen322x572.jpeg screen322x572 (2).jpeg screen322x572 (1).jpeg screen322x572 (3).jpeg

Last edited:

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hurraaaaaaaa...........

My first App "Mr. Bucket" has been approved to the App Store.

Description
Mr. Bucket

Fun addictive game for any age, tap on the screen to change direction.
How high can you fly??

Have fun :)

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr.-bucket/id940821253?l=iw&ls=1&mt=8

App was uploaded at Nov 13, 2014 10:34 PM and approved Today morning.

I had one other app rejected because the app icon was allready used by an other app, so you need to be carefull.

From my very low experience (and also forum searching) i found out that if your app changed to status "In Review" and after one hour it was not rejected that means there is a big chance your app will be approved but still it could be that it will be rejected.

Status: Waiting for Review - about 6 Days (including weekend)

View attachment 29339

View attachment 29335 View attachment 29336 View attachment 29337 View attachment 29338

Congratulations on your work!
Once an app is approved how long does it take to become available?
As of today (12-21-14) using your link (via Safari) does not locate "Mr. Bucket", nor does using App Store, both on my mini iPad.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations on your work!
Once an app is approved how long does it take to become available?
As of today (12-21-14) using your link (via Safari) does not locate "Mr. Bucket", nor does using App Store, both on my mini iPad.

normaly it takes few minutes..

my app was approved long time ago and also was allready downloaded several times, i just unpublish all my apps before saturday and again publish them on saturday night... i dont know why they are still not available they have should been online long time ago...

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User

my app was approved long time ago and also was allready downloaded several times, i just unpublish all my apps before saturday and again publish them on saturday night... i dont know why they are still not available they have should been online long time ago...
I just tried using the link in your signature: "wwwSAGITALnet" and successfully connected the dots and downloaded Mr. Bucket to my iPad. It is Great! Odd that it is not available by "ordinary" means so I would look into that if I were you. I will now try to download the other ios apps via the app store as a test.

[Added Later] - Same result with other 3 ios apps... I can get to each using wwwSagitalnet as a starting point, but via the app store - I was not able to find them.

Last edited:

rafaelbr20

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ilan12041981 ! Congratulations ! You are really fast !!!

Could you tell me what were the libraries you used to do :

1- The background animation ?

2- To identify the touch to change the character position

3 - To identify the object collision ?

Thanks so much and Congratulations !!

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User

@ilan12041981
It should be great if you share the source with us, if you had time to change icons...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ilan12041981 ! Congratulations ! You are really fast !!!

Could you tell me what were the libraries you used to do :

1- The background animation ?

2- To identify the touch to change the character position

3 - To identify the object collision ?

Thanks so much and Congratulations !!

i dont use any libs, all movements are done via timer.

character position is changed only by tap. if mr buckt is flying to the right the tap will just change the position to left. it dosenot matter where you tap

object collision is very simple, mr bucket is acctually a imageview and the pipes are also imageviews so i only ask if img1 top/left/bottom touched img2 top/left/bottom

here you have an example for the collision check:

B4X:
    'checkfor collision
    If gamezl1.Top+gamezl1.Height > mrgame.Top+fixtol AND gamezl1.Top < mrgame.Top+(mrgame.Height/2) Then
        If mrgame.Left+fixtol< gamezl1.Left+gamezl1.Width OR mrgame.Left+mrgame.Width-fixtol>gamezr1.Left Then
        'colision with gamez1 set
            isplaying = False
            mrdead = True
        End If
    End If

regards, ilan

Last edited:

JanG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanx, but this is b4a source, right? With b4i you don't have e.g. libGDX/Animation. I think you solved it internally. So the b4i source is very interessting how you realized it. Is the b4i source "for sale", too?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanx, but this is b4a source, right? With b4i you don't have e.g. libGDX/Animation. I think you solved it internally. So the b4i source is very interessting how you realized it. Is the b4i source "for sale", too?

yes the b4i source is also for sale, you can have both for 99Euro (or only the b4i for 65euro)
you have to be very creative to make a game without a game engine, first i tried to make it with canvas but i get very poor results so i need to find an other solution that would give me good results and i think i found it.

the code it self is very simple ... you wont have any problems to understand it...

if you want the source then PM me..

regards, ilan

JanG

Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw your "Mr. Bucket" video. It's promising! But first of all I have to buy b4i, a DevAccount and a device. Overall it's more expensive than b4a development. So I wanted to see what's possible at this "early state" of b4i. My decision world be easier, if we had such game engines like libGDX available for b4i...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw your "Mr. Bucket" video. It's promising! But first of all I have to buy b4i, a DevAccount and a device. Overall it's more expensive than b4a development. So I wanted to see what's possible at this "early state" of b4i. My decision world be easier, if we had such game engines like libGDX available for b4i...

b4i is a very powerful tool, you can create great apps with it.
if you are planing to create only heavy games i think b4i or b4a is not the right choise.

libgdx is great but not for heavy games...
i saw a very powerfull game maker called BuildBox but its very expensive(2650$)..
this could be something for you

again b4i is a great tool i recommend it to anyone that wanna start making apps and do it fast...

b4i its worth the money...

JanG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh, sorry, that came across the wrong way. I use b4a just for fun, not for developing powerfull games. Probably I will create small handy games or tools for chosen people, but not a 100.000+. The b4a games i saw here are powerful enough. I'm very impressed what's possible with b4a. Not everyone has an android device, so testing the waters in the IOS world could be a good idea. As I said, nobody will pay me, it's just for fun. And because of the fast results, I like b4a!