B4J Question MS SQL Connection error

Nokia

Licensed User
Longtime User
I currently have my app running against an MS SQL 2014 server, before we upgrade server, we have setup a duplicate server running same MS SQL 2014. when I try to connect to it from my app I get the following error:

(SQLServerException) com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host 192.168.1.90, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection timed out: no further information. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".

I have verifyied that tcp/ip is enabled in server namanger and that windows firewall is turned off. This is a windows server 2012R2.

Any ideas as to what could be blocking connection or what else I need to look at?

Solution
I have verifyied that tcp/ip is enabled in server namanger
thats okey but you also need to verify on the properties that the port being used is 1433, just change the tab and all the way below there is a section for all connections.
also check that the service SQL Server Browser is running, this is not the default behavior so you usually activate it manually.

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have verifyied that tcp/ip is enabled in server namanger
thats okey but you also need to verify on the properties that the port being used is 1433, just change the tab and all the way below there is a section for all connections.
also check that the service SQL Server Browser is running, this is not the default behavior so you usually activate it manually.

Upvote 0
Solution

Nokia

Licensed User
Longtime User
got it.. under IPAll, fixed it..

thanks..

Upvote 0