Android Question Msgbox2 not allowed in Starter service?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everybody,

I recently faced an error trying to ask the user if he likes to send an e-mail from the Application_Error sub in starter service. Isn't it allowed in the starter service to use MsgBox and MsgBox2 dialogues? Any advice will be highly appreciated...

Thanks

Emme Developer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everybody,

I recently faced an error trying to ask the user if he likes to send an e-mail from the Application_Error sub in starter service. Isn't it allowed in the starter service to use MsgBox and MsgBox2 dialogues? Any advice will be highly appreciated...

Thanks
You cannot use Msgbox and Msgbox2 in a service (not only starter service), as them are UI element. You can start an intent to send the email, or you can send a notification or start an activity and then the msgbox. I don't recommend to ask the user if wants to send an error report by the way, you should handle it internally

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks a lot Emme!

Upvote 0

eurojam

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think in general dialogs from services are not allowed. May be a notification will be possible...or start an activity

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Another way, if you want the user to choose whether or not email you about an eventual app error.
Let the user flag an option in your Settings activity.

Upvote 0