Share My Creation MSMaterialDrawer - Build Navigation drawers FAST

How much time do you spend trying to create a standard navigation drawer? Trying to find the right listview, and build the correct hierarchy in the slide menu.

Well with this library you can build a drawer in 5 minutes with all the bells and whistles you need.

Compatible with 2.2 Froyo!

Works great with corwin42's AppCompat

Contains all Google Material Design icons as IconFonts!

2n1evqu.jpg

1zyj41w.jpg

huhr9u.jpg

How easy is it to build the drawer?
B4X:
    MDB.Initialize("MD")
    MDB.withAccountHeader(MaterialHeaderResult)
    MDB.AddPrimaryDrawerItem  ("Weather"  , p1.Drawable ,Null ,"99+" ,True,1, "Shows the weather")
    MDB.AddPrimaryDrawerItem  ("Insanity" , p2.Drawable ,Null ,"2"   ,True,2, "")
    MDB.AddPrimaryDrawerItem  ("Awesome"  , p3.Drawable ,Null ,""    ,True,2, "")
    MDB.AddSectionDrawerItem  ("Section"  ,True)
    MDB.AddSecondaryDrawerItem("Settings" ,s1.Drawable ,Null ,""    ,True ,3)
    MDB.AddSecondaryDrawerItem("Help"     ,s2.Drawable ,Null ,""    ,True ,4)
    MDB.AddSecondaryDrawerItem("Donate"   ,s3.Drawable ,Null ,""    ,False,5)
    MDB.AddSecondaryDrawerItem("Yo"       ,Null        ,Null ,""    ,False,6)

MD = MDB.Build

Testing the apks!
Main: https://www.dropbox.com/s/in5dsrg8hsq5050/MSMaterialDrawer.apk?dl=0
AppCompat: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1d5bd0mdr2qziax/AppCompatDrawer.apk?dl=0
Custom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmzwpvn0d6fq1l0/MSMaterialDrawerCustom.apk?dl=0

Last edited:

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice, really!
No issues in Android 5.0.2 and 2.3.6.

When you plan release this library?

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tested on Android 5.0 on my LG G3 and it works pretty well. And looks super-easy to implement as well.

One thing. In the "Custom" example, when you click Dark Drawer, it still shows a Light Drawer. This is probably some coding mistake of the example and the not the library itself as the Dark Drawer worked correctly in the "Main" example.

Can't wait for the library.

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When you plan release this library?
Thanks. Hopefully this week, unless there are more changes in the original github repo.

One thing. In the "Custom" example, when you click Dark Drawer, it still shows a Light Drawer. This is probably some coding mistake of the example and the not the library itself as the Dark Drawer worked correctly in the "Main" example.
Yes that was a demo mistake. I've uploaded the new one, it is supposed to show a custom theme (and currently im not great at making themes).

Since this library is a real time saver im considering releasing it donationware, but i am open to suggestions and alternatives as always.

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since this library is a real time saver im considering releasing it donationware, but i am open to suggestions and alternatives as always.

Sure. Donationware is fine for me. From the looks of it, it is a real time saver.

Mauro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wonderful library.
Any news?

PS
donationware is ok for me.

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi TDS,

I think Donationware is very acceptable. This library will give my app a fresh new look and looks like it should be quite easy to change.
At least with Donationware I know what I am getting before paying for it.

Jerez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I will donate... where or when can i download the library and samples?

Jerez

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
MDB.AddPrimaryDrawerItem ("Weather" , p1.Drawable ,Null ,"99+" ,True,1, "Shows the weather")

Can i replace the "99+" with a ToggleButton? or load a custom layout on each item?

Thanks!

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
MDB.AddPrimaryDrawerItem ("Weather" , p1.Drawable ,Null ,"99+" ,True,1, "Shows the weather")

Can i replace the "99+" with a ToggleButton? or load a custom layout on each item?

Thanks!
The original has support I believe for Switch and Toggle Items, but I havent added them (yet).
It doesnt support Custom layout, because this is intended to be a simple and fast way to create the drawer.

I have sent the library to a handful of guys, and fixed some reported issues.
Currently I dont have much time to release it as I needed to do some simple documentation and samples.
If I dont get time, I will just release it as it is (and donationware wont be necessary).

Jerez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you share your lib with me? i want to try it :) also i can do a donation

Jerez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks! i will try