Share My Creation My First B4A Game

Hi Guys,

I have finally gotten around to creating my first game in B4A. I only have a link to the play store at the moment because I have started working on adding bluetooth support for VS gameplay and did not think to branch the code, so it is not in a working state at the moment.
Would really appreciate any comments you have, and also once I post the source code would appreciate any comments and feedback on that as well.

It is a version of Dots and Boxes, Squares, Paddocks etc.
The play store link is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pineysoft.squarepaddocks
Or you can go via my web site www.pineysoft.com

Many thanks to Erel and Informatix for their great work.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_Smaller.png
    Screenshot_Smaller.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,511
Last edited:

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Asking for help here folks.

I have just been informed by a friend that my game takes 10 seconds to load on his Galaxy S4. Could I PLEASE ask people to try out the loading times on my game as I have tested it on 2 Nexus 4's, a galaxy S, a Huawei g300 and an Ainol Novo 7 tablet, with the worst load times on the Galaxy S (of course) being around 3 seconds. Please believe me, I am not trying this as a ploy to get downloads, just hoping for a bit of help and feel free to uninstall once you are done.

Cheers for any assistance
Brian

joop

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice layout , loading time =

Samsung S Plus 1 sec
Samsung S Advance 1 sec
Samsung Tab3 10.1 3,5 sec
Cherry Tab 7 inch 1 sec

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice layout , loading time =

Samsung S Plus 1 sec
Samsung S Advance 1 sec
Samsung Tab3 10.1 3,5 sec
Cherry Tab 7 inch 1 sec

Thanks for helping out Joop on all four devices. You are a legend mate. And shows the big variation on the Samsung 10.1 tab.

Cheers
Brian

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
It takes about 4 seconds on a 10" Sony Xperia Z1.

Thanks Wolfenci. Hmmm this shows the larger tablet loading times are a bit long. Could this be because the background graphic is being stretched to meet the screen size?

Cheers
Brian

Wolfenci

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not quite sure. Figure out which sub or part of your code needs the longest execution time and optimize it. You can also show an image while starting your app and a progress bar.

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not quite sure. Figure out which sub or part of your code needs the longest execution time and optimize it. You can also show an image while starting your app and a progress bar.

Yes, thank you for your ideas. I am thinking to put a progress bar in there.

Cheers
Brian

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User