B4J Question My First Windows & Mac App wont work on Mac!

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by aidymp, Mar 1, 2015.

1. aidymp

aidymp Active Member Licensed User

Hi My App that I am hoping will work on Mac as well as windows just displays an empty window on a Mac?
    I say Mac its actually 2 Different VMWare Mmac images running on a PC! on Googleing i find that it is a problem with some versions of Java! Is this a problem anyone else has found?

Im hoping that the app would work on Mac, but I don't want to actually buy a Mac!

Also the second problem with it, once i have run it once, it will not run again i just get a file "hs_err_pid454.log" with an lots of error message!

Just looking for some pointers? Ie does it not work on VMware images? is it Java?

I have had someone try it on his Mac and he said it worked. But without an actual Mac im stuck!

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

If you like you can upload the jar file and I'll test it on a Mac.

3. aidymp

Hi Erel! Thanks for that, but i need to run it myself so I can figure out where some folders are! I can see where they should be on google, but i don't want to release a program that could break someones Mac! ;) Im going to try and get it running on Linux, as that has a similar layout Filesystem wise!

But thanks anyway, I will take you up on the offer when its in a more working state!

And THANK YOU so much for creating such a wonderful SET of languages!

Aidy

4. aidymp

Hi Erel, This is the Jar file of my app, it will not run on my emulators i cannot upload it as its 2.5meg (not sure why its that large to be honest!)

http://koditime.com/downloads/AidyMatic.jar

Can you just see if it runs on a Mac, - It works perfect on a PC

Thanks

5. Erel

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 5.43.36 PM.png

Why don't you use anchors? This way your layout will resize automatically.

6. aidymp

I don't use them because I don't know what they are!? But at least I can see its working! and it appears to have found your XBMC? (you do have XBMC installed don't you?)

Thanks

Aidy

7. Erel

Yes, XBMC was installed on this computer at one point.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  8. aidymp

Thanks Erel! Very helpful! ;)

AIdy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice