Share My Creation My second app iPark has been released

Hi all,

I have finally released my second app to the Play Store.

The app is iPark. I have written this app for a company in Australia who are pioneering paying for parking via Mobile/Web systems. The parks all come under a "Zone" and have different time limits and costs etc. The app uses the cashlessparking api to allocate your car to a parking spot in a zone.

Unfortunately the app is limited to only those people in Australia as there is no point having the app unless you are parking within a city council that uses the cashlessparking system.

So, any Aussies that want to take a look, feel free.

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2014-12-14-22-08-23.png
    QuickMemo+_2014-12-14-22-08-23.png
    278.8 KB · Views: 3,519

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very interesting concept
Yeah it is a great idea. I park on the street every day for work. Always in the same spot. No need to have coins any more. I open up my iPark app and select the same park I had the day before from my history and done. If I leave early that day I clock off and only pay for what I used.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I heard that Paris is implementing a similar "pay by phone" parking areas, with even available spots listing...

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, the available spots would be the next step in this. I know the technology is there to do it with hardware, of course the cheaper option is to mark each spot and then the user would "Clock On" to a particular spot. Simply a matter of then looking at which spots have cars clocked on in them.
Their system also allows you to sms the information through, and this will be my next feature, where if the wifi connection is not working then it will form the data into a sms message and do it that way. Maybe I should contact the Paris people and push my app there?