Android Question MyFirstProgram question

owensct

Licensed User
Longtime User
All,

I am just getting started with B4A and completed the MyFirstProgram, it installed fine on my tablet, (Motorola Xoom running 4.1.2) and ran.

However, later when I tried to run it on my tablet the following message appears and then it closes:
"Waiting for IDE debugger to connect"

What I want to accomplish in respects to development tasks is:
1. Connect my tablet using USB and use it just for testing an application
2. Compile applications is such a way that they are independent of B4A when installed on the device so that they work/run just like any normal APK.

Can someone guide me to the information I need to setup on my development environment to work in this manner?

Thanks

Gordon

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
When you first compiled the program to your tablet you must have chosen one of the two Debug options. Repeat what you did before but this time select Release from the drop down list. The APK will now be compiled to Release mode on your tablet and it will no longer look for the B4A IDE to connect.

Ps. Debug mode is very useful if you need to step through your program or want to check variables whilst it's running. You can insert breakpoints by clicking on the lefthand border next to the line of code you want to stop at.

Upvote 0

owensct

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks RandomCoder, just what I needed to know.

Gordon

Upvote 0