Android Question naming the app bundle in the Play Store

Tjitte Dijkstra

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app is named ATLAS11, so if I build the app bundle the name is ATLAS11.aab
Then I try to upload it in the Google Play Store, but I get an error: "package name must be in the following format: "com.example.myap." Has anyone of you an advice to me what to do? The internal package name is ATLAS11.pro
PlayStoreErrorBundleName.jpg

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
The bundle name is found in the build configurations. It is identified as Package.

1652262422351.png

This is the unique identifier for the app not the filename.

Upvote 0

Tjitte Dijkstra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Andrew. thnx so far.
As I wrote "the package name is ATLAS11.pro." You use a name in three sections. Would that be obligatory? I'll try and see what happens....

Upvote 0

Tjitte Dijkstra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Andrew,
After changing the name in atlas11.pro.td (3 lids) my upload was accepted. Now I hope that the app will make its own directory on the devices in the way I planned it: in Android/data/ATLAS11.pro and not longer?
For the moment my app is in review, thanks to your advice.

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
There are a lot of rules that have to be met for a lot of different apps that have been and are being developed by a lot of developers.
My app is named ATLAS11
This seems like a violation of the following rule
Avoid ALL CAPS unless it is part of your brand name.
Here are a few best practices:
  • Highlight what's great about your app. Share interesting and exciting facts about your app to help users understand what makes your app special.
  • Make sure that your app’s title and description accurately describe your app’s functionality.
  • Avoid using repetitive or unrelated keywords or references.
  • Keep your app’s description succinct and straightforward. Shorter descriptions tend to result in a better user experience, especially on devices with smaller displays. Excessive length, detail, improper formatting, or repetition can result in a violation of this policy.
  • Remember that your listing should be suitable for a general audience. Avoid using inappropriate text, images or videos in your listing and adhere to the guidelines above.
Then the .PRO qualification could also conflict with the rule that is used for graphical image of the app, and the notes contain only a name without a period and an addition.

Upvote 0