need help on this

tvrman

Licensed User
Hi guys,

Im trying to convert a text file including serveral pictures (names only), to an
format which shows in the panel, so that you have an document with text and pictures.
The trick so far i read each row and put in a label and when i read a picture (ext
jpg) then i convert it to an image (addimage).
It took a long way to sort it out, you need to recalculate every row length that it will fit nice to the screen size.
Because the large project were im working on, i use serveral panel which can show text only for the moment, because that it is not so easy to implement the conversie and put image's and text together on the screen.
What i say is , is there an nice smart simple solution herefor?

Below there is a piece of code which i tried, the thing on this that the aligment of the text is not correct also the image's will alow that the text is fall out below of the screen.

i'll hope to clear up my situation.

Thanks a lot again.

For Counter = pos1*30 To A1.Count - 2

rowdata = A1.item(Counter)

waarde = Int(StrLength(rowdata)/RowWidth)+1

For teller = 1 To waarde
data1 = SubString(rowdata,(teller-1)*RowWidth,teller+RowWidth)
row = row + 10

If row = 410 Then

'End of the page

Else If row < 410 Then

geen = StrIndexOf(rowdata,"gif",0)

If geen > -1 Then

rowdata = StrReplace(rowdata," ","")

Form1.FDrawImage(AppPath &" \pic1.gif",10,row,200,row*2)

row = row*2

End If

Form1.FDrawString(data1,7,10,row, form1.width,form1.height,255,255,255)

End If

Next

Next

Last edited:

dzt

Licensed User
IE hosted

Hi,

I can't post an HTMLView for desktop because this control is a COM object and (as far as I can know) there is a threading issue with Basic4PPC.

Here http://www.terracom.gr/basic4ppc/files/IEhosted.zip is a solution for the desktop. Includes an updated version of dzHWdesktop.dll. It is not so elegant but I hope it can help.

PS.
Trying to attach it I get the message "Exceeds forum quota by 7.0 KB" although it is only 9KB

tvrman

Licensed User
Hi,

I can't post an HTMLView for desktop because this control is a COM object and (as far as I can know) there is a threading issue with Basic4PPC.

Here http://www.terracom.gr/basic4ppc/files/IEhosted.zip is a solution for the desktop. Includes an updated version of dzHWdesktop.dll. It is not so elegant but I hope it can help.

PS.
Trying to attach it I get the message "Exceeds forum quota by 7.0 KB" although it is only 9KB

Hi Dzt,

This workarround works very nice.

Thanks.
:sign0142: