Need more structure support - Sub return

Hello. I may have the idea of modules wrong, but I am trying to use them as one would use classes in c++/c#. I would like for each module to be independent of all other modules. Therefore, I am using no click capture, screen input or output in these modules. Well maybe a message box or two. The modules are only accepting variables from the main module and returning values.

This is where I am having a problem. I would like to use structures as subroutine parameters and also be able to return them. This would make the data a little more abstract and truly have plug and play modules to reuse with no maintenance or integration issues.

I would like to keep global variables to a minimum. IMO, globals should only be used as Flags and settings for a program. Definitely not for variable passing.

In conclusion, I would really like to see structures get a little more action!!!

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the meantime perhaps you might like to play with this teeny-weeny library that you can use to pass arrays and structures by reference.

EDIT:- I should also point out that you can return arrays and structures by returning the value for SetRef and using it with GetRef in the caller.

Attachments

• PassByRef1.0.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 247
Last edited: