Android Question Need Recover Old V7.30 It's Possible ??

Mikonios

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've 9.30 instaled, but need compile old proyect make with v7.30, with ::

B4X:
''''   Dim req As HttpRequest
''''   Dim hc As HttpClient

It's possble recover B4A v7.30 or anyone say me how ??
Thanks in advance.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mikonios

Licensed User
Longtime User
The project is not very big but it has approximately 90 Dim hcdwld As HttpClient and about 170
hcdwld_ResponseSuccess, hcdwld_ResponseError, Dim res As String = Response.GetString ("UTF8").

Other projects are already migrated, but this one needs modification before migrating to 9.30 (OkHttpUtils2, OkHttp), otherwise
Server processes would stop serving data. That's why I ask.

If as you say the error you get is not related to the B4A version but to the Android SDK version, which should be the android.jar version and in the manifest
<uses-sdk android: minSdkVersion = "4" android: targetSdkVersion = "14" /> to get compiled again?
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Mikonios

Licensed User
Longtime User
This app is not for publishing on Google Play, they are internal server processes to serve data to different apps on Google Play.
They run on several devices from different geographic locations "cluster".

Sent mail to [email protected] requesting link v7.30

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
I'll just throw this idea into the mix, in case it strikes a chord:

Years ago we converted a massive* program from using ISAM to Btrieve, and the approach we took was to write maybe 20 smallish routines that emulated the ISAM interface by translating the requests into their Btrieve equivalent. Surprisingly, it worked. Even better, the emulation routines were great for adding debugging instrumentation, parameter checking, profiling counters, etc, and we sorted out some other issues that we didn't even know we had (other than customers occasionally saying things like: and then that part number disappeared...)

Consequently we could change stuff over to "native" Btrieve at a more relaxed and less bugprone pace. In reality, we left most of it as-is (ie, emulated ISAM) and only recoded where it gave a performance or clarity advantage.

Maybe something like that could work here too.

* took a box of paper to print out, = 2000 pages x 50 lines/page = 100,000 lines of code.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mikonios

Licensed User
Longtime User
Right. Now the project can be compiled under android \ AppData \ Local \ Android \ Sdk \ platforms \ android-14
And without mistakes. Soon we will perform the migration.

As always, thank you very much for your support and help, Erel.
And thanks for your comments emexes.
Best Regards

upload_2019-7-31_11-15-20.png

Upvote 0