NetDraw

mamuen

Licensed User
Hi all,

NetDraw is a simple Network Drawing application.

I would be pleased to know if there is any interest and if somebody could test it and give me feedback on bugs, improvements and evolution suggestions.

Update1:

I translated now all texts also into the English.

go to the menu File -> config
1. unmark EXPERT-MODE (you get more textboxes, hope that help)
2. select your Language

Update2:
Version 2.4 can now work with different symbollibrarys
they have to be in AppPath\LIB\
OpenFile Dialog is now included to open sketches (*.drw)

Update3:
Version 2.5
forgotten Save Dialog is now included to save sketches (*.drw)

Best regards
mamuen

Attachments

• NetDraw.jpg
    NetDraw.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 345
  • Draw2v5.zip
    249 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

dennishea

Licensed User
mamuen
It looks like the beginning of a nice program.

1) The first problem I ran into is when I go to delete a symbol I can't delete it. Possiabelbly because I am not doing it in right seqence.

2) When a messagebox pops up I only understand english. That's my short coming.

If you could give a small text file explaining how to use it it would be helpful.

I think it would useful even to the home owner with a small network.

For those of us with bad memorys we could map out our network and use it when we need to work on them once in a blue moon.

I would be more than happy to look for bugs. Also if you don't mind I would like to adapt it to create a drawing of a machine tooling setup. The symbol's would be generic tools placed in there relative positions.

Best wishes in your indevere.
Denny :sign0188: :) :sign0188:

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice, Could make flow charts, wiring diagrams etc.
Perhaps could have libraries of differant images.
Computer Library
Electrical Library
Flowchart Library

mamuen

Licensed User
Hi tsteward,

good idea!

Flowchart is now included with a minimum of symbols.
You can change the Lib. files->config

regards mamuen

mamuen

Licensed User
Hi dennishea,

Thank you and sorry for no helpfile! I am from germany and my english is not so good, but i have done my best to translate the textboxes. I hope it will help you a litle bit.

>If you could give a small text file explaining how to use it it would be helpful.
Every symbol has an action point (the left upper corner). If you want to delete the symbol, you have to click on this action point. If you hit it, the symbol gets blue, if not, you get a messagebox. There is a catchfunction for the grid, so you have not exactly to hit the point.

To mark a line, you have to hit the startingpoint (= action point).

To make a group, you had to built a rectangle. Mark the left upper corner and then the right lower corner. Now you can see a blue rectangle and every action point inside built the new group.

>I think it would useful even to the home owner with a small network.

Not only for the own network, also for the networks which you administer of friends.

>I would be more than happy to look for bugs. Also if you don't mind I would like to adapt it to create a drawing of a machine tooling setup. The symbol's would be generic tools placed in there relative positions.

you are welcome

Best wishes
mamuen

Last edited:

mamuen

Licensed User
Hi Erel,
this praise thanks is enough motivtion, in order to continue to work on this project!

Regards

mamuen

mamuen

Licensed User
Hi,
new Version 2.5
forgotten Save Dialog is now included to save sketches (*.drw)

Regards
mamuen