Network access

skipper

Licensed User
Hello all,

I'm trying to use the Network.dll to connect the PDA with a PC in the company network. I need to read/write to a SqLite db in a shared forlder on the PC acting as a server.

The PC as been defined as accepting incoming connection from inside a VPN (but I'm not sure if this is the right configuration: this is the only way I've found to acces the PC using the File Explorer).

Using the Client.GetIP("MA-MASTER-XX") (where MA-MASTER-XX is the PC name) I get the right IP address (192.168.157.57).

Now the question are:
1) how to check if the Wi-Fi is enabled?
2) How to check if the connection is established?

Is someone here that could please give me any input?

Many thanks

Mimmo

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the easyest way would be to check the pc folder for a known file...if the file was not found, then the conection was not successfull...

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
If Client.GetIP returns the server IP then Wi-Fi is enabled and the network is detected.

Other options to download the file:
- If your server supports FTP or HTTP downloads you could use those.
- Create a small application on the server that waits for the device connection and then sends the file.
See the Chit-Chat and FileTransfer examples: http://www.b4x.com/Downloads.html

skipper

Licensed User
Thanks you Paulo & Erel!

your solution, Erel, is what I was thinking about... just a kind of "service" running on the server and waiting for incoming connection.

What do you think about using the Hardware.dll events
- evNetConnected
- evNetDisconnected
for testing the wi-fi on/off without running an external application with RunAppAtEvent? Could you please suggest any guideline?

Many thanks
Mimmo