Android Question New Amazon FIRE

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any knowledge about the brand new FIRE smartphone from AMAZON ?

AFAIK it has a "special" android, which needs the Firefly SDK.

Even if you have not a DevAccount, you can test your Android App if it runs:
https://developer.amazon.com/appsan...n&sc_content=Testnow&ref_=pe_132830_120100680

The introducion text is not clear for me:
Fire is based on Android so if an app runs on Android it can run on Fire with little to no work. Test your app's compatibility in 90 seconds by dragging and dropping your Android APK into our testing tool. Since you already have a developer account, you'll also be able to test your app's look and feel on actual devices and get the results within six hours.

1st Test with an App gives this awesome result:
Your APK includes a manifest declaration and/or an API invocation that indicates your app is a Ringtone.

Note: Ringtones are supported by the Amazon Appstore on non-Amazon devices. You can submit your APK without fixing this issue, but your app will not be displayed in the Amazon Appstore as being compatible with Amazon devices.

Last edited:

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
So does that mean no custom ringtones? Are you sure it's based on Android and Win Phone ;) lol

Upvote 0

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
As written: my app IS a ringtone :rolleyes:
What that message exact means: i dont know.

Will give it try tomorrow :D

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I read it as no Custom Ringtones on Amazon devices, so non-Amazon devices will still be able to download your App from their store, but not Amazon/Kindle/Fire branded devices.

Upvote 0

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, but at least i am using not any custom ringtones or something like that.
Maybe that the Notification Icon (with Sound) is recognized as that - but the sound then played is also a standard 4.2.2 tone

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I get the same response for an App that is _definitely_ not a Ringtone..

"
Ringtones detected
Your APK includes a manifest declaration and/or an API invocation that indicates your app is a Ringtone.

Note: Ringtones are supported by the Amazon Appstore on non-Amazon devices. You can submit your APK without fixing this issue, but your app will not be displayed in the Amazon Appstore as being compatible with Amazon devices.
"

I've submitted it for an actual test... Will see what they say. My Apps work on all current Amazon devices apart from the TV.

Upvote 0

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
So, the new FIRE cant play sound ? ;)

Upvote 0

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got the ringtone alert as well and there is no way my app (transit app) plays a ringtone. It does however trigger vibrate when a gps fix is detected so who knows <shrug>.

Upvote 0

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app does not playing anything but Amazon call it Ringtone too. Really strange!

Upvote 0

mlc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Make a copy of Phone.xml / jar and call if Phone2. Open Phone2.jar with 7zip and delete RingtoneManagerWrapper classes (two files).

Reference Phone2 instead of Phone.

Works well in all my apps, except one, returns this error:

Parsing code. 0.28
Compiling code. 0.33
Compiling layouts code. 0.03
Generating R file. 0.31
Compiling generated Java code. 2.00
Convert byte code - optimized dex. Error
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lanywheresoftware/b4a/phone/CallLogWrapper$CallItem;
at com.android.dx.dex.file.ClassDefsSection.add(ClassDefsSection.java:122)
at com.android.dx.dex.file.DexFile.add(DexFile.java:161)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processClass(Main.java:685)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processFileBytes(Main.java:634)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.access$600(Main.java:78)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main$1.processFileBytes(Main.java:572)
at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processArchive(ClassPathOpener.java:284)
at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.processOne(ClassPathOpener.java:166)
at com.android.dx.cf.direct.ClassPathOpener.process(ClassPathOpener.java:144)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processOne(Main.java:596)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:498)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMonoDex(Main.java:264)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.run(Main.java:230)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:199)
at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:103)
1 error; aborting
Optimized dexer failed. Switching to Standard dexer.

Those are my libraries:

Admob 2.00
Animation 1.02
Core 3.80
Dialogs 2.70
Ime 1.05
MeSSharelibrary 1.00
Mwadmobinterstitial2 2.00
Network 1.25
Phone2 2.25
qrcode 1.03
RamdomAccessfile 1.65
Reflection 2.40

What could be the problem?
Thanks

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@mlc but the code still generates? Sometimes the optimised dexter errors, but all that happens is the standard one takes over. afaik it's a little slower to generate but you still get the same results.

Upvote 0

mlc

Licensed User
Longtime User
@mlc but the code still generates? Sometimes the optimised dexter errors, but all that happens is the standard one takes over. afaik it's a little slower to generate but you still get the same results.

Hi eps
Do not let me continue and not compile

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This error means that the CallLogWrapper class (and probably other as well) is included in two referenced libraries.

Maybe one of the other libraries is referencing Phone library and the result is that both Phone and Phone2 are referenced.

Create a new project and only add the libraries and try to compile. Remove some of the libraries and try again. Until you find the problematic library.

Upvote 0

jarinashameem

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

But Probably I need the Phone library too for my compilation , If I remove the phone lib i cant able to compile please help me.

Upvote 0