New CustomView AutoComplete Text

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I started a new custom view, it's a TextView with auto-completion.
Suggestions are received in a spinner. When the spinner is scrolled the words will follow one another in the TextView.

I still have to solve many problems .... but I think I can complete it :D

ezgif.com-crop.gif

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well I solved all the problems and used a trick (learned from Erel) to speed up the search.

The search takes place not only if the word begins with the characters entered, but also if the port contains the characters entered internally

Of the type: List.IndexOF(TypedText)>-1

Depends on the XUI and SQL libraries.
I will soon publish the library for B4A.
I already created and works on the B4I version, but I'm not entirely convinced of publishing it.

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Search Text in String (Content)
Video1.gif

Search Text StartWith
Video2.gif

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why not???
Mainly because I believe there is something similar with a native view.
I also observed that iOS libraries have few downloads so they are not in demand. Third, i use the AnyWhere remote compiler and each library must first be authorized to be compiled (it's a boring thing)

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also observed that iOS libraries have few downloads so they are not in demand. Third, i use the AnyWhere remote compiler and each library must first be authorized to be compiled (it's a boring thing)
Thats because, i publish it as a class, so i can modify the class, members can help me on bugs or new features and i dont need to tell it the remote compiler.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thats because, i publish it as a class, so i can modify the class, members can help me on bugs or new features and i dont need to tell it the remote compiler.
In some cases I chose to publish it as b4xlib. But not all circumstances are the same and one does not always decide to share the source.

However this is not the only reason why I am considering not to run the ios version

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In some cases I chose to publish it as b4xlib. But not all circumstances are the same and one does not always decide to share the source.
agreed, i had created a business plan for me, but the separation would have been too time-consuming. My considerations was a free version with limitations and without source code and a premium version with source code and more features. On the end I have agreed to take everything that I do as a reference for later projects and give the chance to learn the forum from my views to create their own views. If i use other sources, then i put a link to the source in the code.

However this is not the only reason why I am considering not to run the ios version
Thinks are different :)

I'm working since one month on a B4X Tabstrip but only for B4A and B4I, because it depends on the XCLV and this is not working well on B4J. I would have published it long ago, but I have massive problems with the indicator in the tabs, because i want a live swipe indicator depends on the swipe of the page.