End Sub

With the GPS Settings.exe
Program port: none
Hardware port: COM4
Port Baud Rate:9600
Manage automatically: checked

Last edited:

Licensed User
I removed the line 'gps.GetDeviceData and returns an erro like ' _main_timer1_tick'

Error getting position
Error number : 87

Licensed User
:(:(How I must configure the GPS Driver?

I used the GPS Settings.

Tell me the configuration.
The HTC GPS port is COM4

I've just downloaded the GPSDriverdemo from Agraham and when opens the connection has the same error, but when I enter NMEA option and I press 'Open', I can see the NMEA sentences in the textbox. So data is sent.

I'm getting crazy with HTC devices, but everybody have HTC devices.:(

Joan

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With the GPS Settings.exe
Program port: none
Hardware port: COM4
Port Baud Rate:9600
If these really are the settings for your internal GPS they look wrong. On my HTC Diamond they are

Program port: COM4
Hardware port: none
Port Baud Rate:4800

Licensed User
Andrew you are right, but with this config I have the same error in the GPSDriverDemo you posted.

When I press 'Open', it appears _main_timer1_tick Error getting position, Error number 87

My ppc app. works mainly with Diamond model and I have a lot of problems with internal GPS. I resolved with GPS Plex, but with the new library you developed, I exclude the GPS Plex app. from installation from the customer.

Joan

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but with this config I have the same error in the GPSDriverDemo you posted.
I haven't posted a GPSDriverDemo that works with the official GPSDriver library. If you are using the one at post #36 in this thread http://www.b4x.com/forum/additional...ntermediate-driver-interface-4.html#post18166 then it won't work. I said in that post that it is NOT a beta of the official library, it was only a demonstrator. The official GPSDriver library has different methods and properties to that demonstrator library.

Saj

Licensed User
Device State error

Erel, i've tried running GPSDriver example on my hTC (Windows Mobile 6.1). It runs ok except for the following error:

Attachments

• GPS-Demo Error.jpg
    GPS-Demo Error.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 37

Saj

Licensed User
I've got the hTC TyTN II. I commented out line 28 and it then fails in line 29. Error msg attached.

Attachments

• GPS-Demo Error2.jpg
    GPS-Demo Error2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 14

Licensed User
Hi Erel,

Finally I can use the GPSDriver Lib in my P3300 and Diamond. I had to change the WM5 to WM6 ROM (P3300)

But.... If I want to use a BT GPS? How must I do? All my testings were unsucessful.

In my Diamong when I'm going to change parameters in the 'Settings.exe' App, it appears the message 'You have insufficient permissions to map the hardware port'

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Joan

Licensed User
I have the same problem. Whatever change I make, when starts again it remains the old configuration.

Saj

Licensed User
Erel, I've done a hard reset and the demo still falls over on the same lines. I've noticed however that when the hTC TyTN II is powered by an external power supply (i.e hooked upto me PC) it doesn't fall over, but soon as the PDA is powered off the error occurs. Does that shed any light?

Also, how do I get the demo to use a bluetooth receiver? I've looked through this thread but can't get it connected - it always picks up the internal receiver.