Android Question New icons on GoogleMaps

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
After an update of GoogleMaps library, I see when you click on a marker then appears these two icons on the bottom

1703253618744.png

Looks like they should call external GoogleMaps and Navigation, but clicking them appears a message that says "GoogleMaps is not installed"

Anyway, I would like to hide these icons, isn't it possible ?

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try this:
B4X:
Private jo As JavaObject
jo = gMap.GetUiSettings
jo.RunMethod("setMapToolbarEnabled", Array As Object(False))

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try this:
B4X:
Private jo As JavaObject
jo = gMap.GetUiSettings
jo.RunMethod("setMapToolbarEnabled", Array As Object(False))
works perfect, thanks so much.
Where did you find this info ? Very often I see various solutions to things that can't be done natively in B4A and uses this jo.runmethod. I would like to learn how to do.

Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
@marcick So would I..... This was a solution offered to me 5+ years ago by another user. I keep a record of such snippets for future use.

Clearly some knowledge of Java is required as well as the objects available within the library. I did suggest someone write a primer for manipulating Java Objects ages ago but nobody has yet risen to the challenge.

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
@marcick So would I..... This was a solution offered to me 5+ years ago by another user. I keep a record of such snippets for future use.

Clearly some knowledge of Java is required as well as the objects available within the library. I did suggest someone write a primer for manipulating Java Objects ages ago but nobody has yet risen to the challenge.

what I mean is where to find wich Java Object are available in a specific library.
Is that enough to open the library with an editor and find something ? Does it require some decompilation etc ?

Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
No. The native Android Google Maps Library is 'wrapped' to make it useable in B4A. The documentation for the native library is found online, but is of little use to you if you don't know how to make a Java Object call.

Upvote 0