Wish New IDE autocomplete disable

Discussion in 'B4J Bugs & Wishlist' started by Daestrum, May 4, 2015.

1. Daestrum

Daestrum Well-Known Member Licensed User

Is there a way to turn off the auto complete inside the #if java ... #end if, it gets really frustrating when writing java code to have it keep changing variable names, system calls etc.

Try writing System.out.println("Hello");

you actually end up with

GetSystemProperty.DipToCurrent.println("Hello");

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Fixed.

Troberg and Daestrum like this.
  3. Daestrum

Daestrum Well-Known Member Licensed User

Thank you, speedy doesn't seem to do justice to how quick that was fixed. :)

4. Troberg

Troberg Well-Known Member Licensed User

That response is why I prefer small companies over giants like MS.

I've reported serious bugs that breaks stuff to MS, five years ago, and gone through these stages:

* You have to fight to get to the right person.
    * You have to prove that the bug exist in about ten different ways, even though it's well known, well documented and all over the internet.
    * They acknowledge the bug.
    * They say that the bug maybe will be fixed in a future release.
    * They say "This behaviour is by design". Yeah, you design your stuff to break things...
    * Five years later, still not fixed.

The stupid thing is that the bug would have been a 60 minute fix, testing and all, instead, they've spend what would probably amount to several man-years to hide it from me and a thousands others who complain about it.

With a small company, things are just fixed.

This is also the reason I like to work at small companies. Less talk, more doing.

Jim Brown likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice