New programmer Advice

jndaniels1

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope this is the correct forum for this sort of question.
It deals with making a free vs paid

I successfully have an app on the market that was made with B4A. Well, I am wanting to update it with new features. I also would like to be able to upgrade to a pro version without the need to make a whole new pro app.

I have seen (and purchased) apps to get the pro version you pay and it downloads a simple very small .apk --- I guess alike a license package.

I want to update my app with the ability to pick the Lite or Pro version and avoid writing two packages.

Would In-app-billing be the way to go? Or what about these apps that use a secondary package? I want to be able to take advanage of the currently installed user base with an update and then the option to use the Lite or buy a pro.

Any Advice?
Jeff

ps: Thanks Erel for the O.M.G awesome IDE for Android! Im a User for life!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not simple to work with two apk files. I'm not sure that this is what these apps do. If you want to use in-app billing then you can limit some of the features at runtime and only enable them to "pro" users.
The downside of this solution is that someone may hack your application and remove the disabling code.

Upvote 0

jndaniels1

Licensed User
Longtime User
The downside of this solution is that someone may hack your application and remove the disabling code.

Yeah, thats what i was afraid of ...

I guess the best way is going with a Lite app and Pro app as 2 separate apps.

Thanks as always Erel!
Jeff

Upvote 0