New Sub-Forum

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HI Erel

Since v5 seems to be a major update to B4PPC I would like to suggest the creation of two new sub-forums under(inside) the "question & Help", being them:

B4PPC v4.x - for questions related to the v4
B4PPC v5 - for questions related to the v5

I think that most users will still continue to use v4 untill we guet used to the v5 features...

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Cableguy,

on my opinion there is no need to devide the forum in different sub-forums for each version.
1. The new key features are more speed :)sign0060:) and a better desktop editor. The language itself did not change as much.
2. You always have to look in more different (sub)forums if you want to browse through some old threads/posts.
3. If someone asks a question he often doesn't know what is causing the problem. The version of basic4ppc, a programming error, or something else ?
4. And often threads contain more infos that maybe useful for all users indipendent from the version somebody uses.

So I think it is not necessary to introduce those sub-forums ... :sign0152:

specci48

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tend to agree that its not worth splitting the forum into V4 and V5 as many topics will most likely be applicable to both versions, I imagine that there will only be a few that are specific to just one version or the other.

Regards,
RandomCoder

GeoTrail

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree, this isn't the best way to go.
It's alot better when new versions come out, and you post a thread you just write your thread topic like this:

Cannot start compiled program [V6]

something like that.
And it is also a good idea when a problem has been resolved to add [fixed] to the topic name so people can see the issue has been resolved so we avoid numerous posts of the same topic.