Android Question New ways to sell subscriptions on Google Play

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not yet. I'm testing only the basic options to the subscription. After publish my app with the subscription, I'll check the other features.

Does creating a new app with subscriptions work with the available GooglePlayBilling library? I have my new app in internal testing and I keep getting from May 23rd "the item you requested is not available for purchase" while I followed by heart the tutorial of the new Google Play Billing library and have used exactly the same code used in another application that uses subscriptions and works. As discussed with another member in here I am under the impression that if you set the plan as "backwards compatible" according to Google it should work but It doesn't until now. Do you get the same? ("the item you requested is not available for purchase") ?

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here are my base plans for the two subscriptions. Does anybody see anything suspicious?

Base Plan - subscription 1

1655665745833.png

Base Plan - subscription 2

1655665813612.png

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @asales, thanks a lot for answering. I have done already correctly what you are suggesting and if in the following code

B4X:
Result = billing.LaunchBillingFlow(SkuDetails.Get(0))

I add this line

B4X:
Log(SkuDetails.Get(0))

I get this:

B4X:
SkuDetails: {"productId":"dhqi.sbsc1.12months","type":"subs","title":"12 months subscription (full usage of the service)","name":"12 months subscription","description":"12 months full usage of the service. Enjoy your service totally free of extra costs.","price":"€10.99","price_amount_micros":10990000,"price_currency_code":"EUR","subscriptionPeriod":"P1Y","skuDetailsToken":"AEuhp4JqNngo-U1As3Hrk7JUUP5Y59WTBdgqnZU565H0h6BXNzQAKRjs-7vjaozvwXs="}

It is clearly "subs" and since it can be queried I also have got the correct Product ID.
I am completely out of ideas. I have already contacted Google and I am on the status: 'Let me put you on hold to investigate the issue'.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
- It happen only with subscriptions? Did you check the inapp purchases?

- I'm testing the subscriptions only in my device, but I have a version of the app published in the Play Store (I don't publish in test options).

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Solved. A little nagging always works. It was a Google thing. What it seems to be the problem is that if you post in internal testing and then upgrade to closed testing, if the same version is in internal testing reviewed and accepted and in closed testing in review mode then Google is totally loosing it. Yesterday after a lot of time google reviewed and accepted my app in closed testing and suddenly everything works. Let's see if it will work to the end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0