Android Question Newbe , Basic Ide + microcontroller it is possible?

petros del

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello
I am electronic engineer and I build many projects with microcontroller ,8bit risc like avr.
I would like to upgrade my projects with high resolution displays animated graphics and touch screen.
Microcontroller it is not best choice for big displays and high resolution graphics.
My next project is to build instruments for car ,rpm speedometer etc.
So I am thinking to design the ui with android and communicate with mc using bluetooth.
Is that possible with basic4android ide?
Microcontroller will read the sensors and send the values with bt , android read this values and write it to display.
Also were I can buy android motherboard?

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also were I can buy android motherboard?

I am wondering why would you use Android motherboard when you are planning to use BT
for your communication.. re-inventing the wheel.. I think the cheaper is to use Android tablet
(7" in your case).. because these devices are cheap to earth, already rested and have built-in
bluetooth. You can design your app to run in kiosk mode.

You can use a motherboard or industrial Android device if you want to wire the sensors
directly to the device, instead of sending the readings by wireless.

Upvote 0

petros del

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to use motherboard and not pda because the display will be in dash away from motherboard.
""
You can use a motherboard or industrial Android device if you want to wire the sensors
directly to the device, instead of sending the readings by wireless.""
I didnt know that there are extension boards who can plug sensors and general hardware.
Actually I need about 5 analog input 0-5v and uart who all ready boards have build in
Any link?
I buy Ide soon I am very impressed.
The syntax is very close to basic if I understand well.
I have buy and the ebook from amazon hope cover and serial communication

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KitCarlson

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A is great tool. I do engine management work with AVR mega128 uC, and use BT and Android phone and tablets for the user settings, real time displays and data logging. I am very pleased with performance, much better than notebook and USB dongle for in car work. I took a VB6 app that I developed over a couple years of time, I got an Android version with the major basics working in about 2 weeks. My avatar shows part of my gui for an electronic advance ignition. If you go to my user page, more can be viewed.

Upvote 0

alexhi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to use motherboard and not pda because the display will be in dash away from motherboard.
""
directly to the device, instead of sending the readings by wireless.""
I didnt know that there are extension boards who can plug sensors and general hardware.
Actually I need about 5 analog input 0-5v and uart who all ready boards have build in
Any link?
I buy Ide soon I am very impressed.
The syntax is very close to basic if I understand well.
I have buy and the ebook from amazon hope cover and serial communication

I connected to the Table (USB OTG) and did Arduino(ATMEGA168) access system (simple ) от DS1990
Here vidio:

Upvote 0

SAM ShamsulBahrim

Licensed User
Longtime User
H
I am wondering why would you use Android motherboard when you are planning to use BT
for your communication.. re-inventing the wheel.. I think the cheaper is to use Android tablet
(7" in your case).. because these devices are cheap to earth, already rested and have built-in
bluetooth. You can design your app to run in kiosk mode.

directly to the device, instead of sending the readings by wireless.

Hi, any url to industrial android devices?

Upvote 0

SAM ShamsulBahrim

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A is the best programming tool for android. You can program android tablet to be your touch panel and use bt as well as socket to communicate with your embedded devices

Upvote 0

alexhi

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can do this by (raspberry-pi):
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rev-...Free-Shipping-Dropshipping/740594160.html?s=p

51$

Rev-2-0-512-ARM-Raspberry-Pi-Project-Board-Model-B-Free-Shipping-Dropshipping.jpg_350x350.jpg

OR
MK809 + Arduino Nano (cp2102 chip USB-OTG)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MK80...p-RK3066-1-6GHz-Cortex-A9-Dual/754041499.html
35$
-font-b-MK809-b-font-II-Android-4-1-Mini-PC-TV-Stick-Rockchip-RK3066.jpg_220x220.jpg

Upvote 0

SAM ShamsulBahrim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

alexhi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Alexhi.... are these devices capable of standing long hours non-stop Usage.... or they are just some common commercially available hardware?

Thanks

I think it should work fine.
If this is certainly not the Siberia -50C :)
I did device on MK908 for car.Work OK.

Upvote 0