iOS Question NFC stopped working in iOS 13.1.2

Lisa I

Licensed User
Hi, We have a b4i app that reads our bespoke nfc tags that's been in use for some months now. However with the release of iOS13.1.2 the scan button doesn't do anything when pressed (I cannot get the scan dialog up) so our app doesn't scan the tags.
I know some NFC functionality has changed in iOS13, can it be made to work again?

Thank you

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, We have a b4i app that reads our bespoke nfc tags that's been in use for some months now. However with the release of iOS13.1.2 the scan button doesn't do anything when pressed (I cannot get the scan dialog up) so our app doesn't scan the tags.
I know some NFC functionality has changed in iOS13, can it be made to work again?

Thank you
Most likely it is because of the new changes in iOS13, i'm not very familiar with the NFC library, but I do know there were a lot of new changes introduced with the iOS 13 release.

Walter

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Works fine here, tested with iPhone X running iOS 13.1:

B4i_rjbGUCFOWo.png

Downloaded the example: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/nfc-reading-ndef-tags.84784/
And added:
B4X:
#AdditionalLib: CoreNFC.framework, ReferenceOnly
#DeviceCapabilities: nfc

Upvote 0

Lisa I

Licensed User
Thank you, for trying this, I managed to get it working by deleting the app, restarting the phone and reinstalling the app.
Don't ask me why it needs this after the software upgrade but it's working now.

Cheers

Upvote 0