NO Sim Card Slot

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all

Dumb thing...

I use a SamsungTab2 10.1 and had wanted to run a little App that Klaus had posted, but without WLAN there are no conection with GoogleMaps. :sign0148:

so, here the Question. Is there a way to use the phone and hock up to the Tab ??
The GalaxySII does have sim support, we have Access to IE. How can this be done please ? How can Tab Serve thru the Internet using the GalaxySII ?

Thank you for all pointers.

Best regards
William

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
So I guess you don't have a WiFi network at home with broadband internet? That would be my first solution. :D

To do what you want though, some phones/devices have a hotspot option that allows the device to work as a WiFi hotspot. If your SII has that option then you could get the Tab on the internet that way by setting up the Tab to connect to the SII's hotspot (it would appear as a normal WiFi network).

However, many carriers (in the U.S. anyway) charge extra money for that ability so it may not be possible; or if it is, it may not be free.

Other idea:
If you have home internet and a PC or notebook connected to the internet that also has wireless capabilities then you may be able to start an ad-hoc WiFi connection between the PC and Tab. Whether that will get the Tab on the internet or not, I don't know.

If you have a computer with wireless but it doesn't have internet available on it , then you may be able to tether the SII's internet to the PC (via USB) and then connect the PC & Tab together with an ad-hoc connection. But again, I don't know if ad-hoc connections pass internet through or just allow access between the two devices.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wm.chatman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Kevin

WIFI and Wlan are not a Problem when I am at home.
It's when I am not at home. like I am taking a walk in the Country.
Wlan nore Wifi, to use.

Samsug Galaxy SII has SIM Card Slot. SamTab2 10.1, does not.

Main Question:

Getting to use the Internet on SamTab2, using theSamsung Galaxy !
How, can this be implied ?

PS: We do not have WIFI and Wlan in the Wood's

Best regards,
William

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, in that case then the only way I know of would be if the SII has the ability to act as a WiFi hotspot and your wireless carrier allows it as mentioned in my first post.

It appears that the Galaxy SII does support that feature, so it would come down to your wireless carrier. They may disable it on the phone, or some will charge extra money to use that feature. You should check with your wireless carrier.

Here is a link with instructions on how to turn the SII into a WiFi hotspot. Afterwards, just connect your Tab to the SII hotspot and you will have internet on it.

How to Share Your Galaxy S 2's Internet Connection

Upvote 0