not all hardkeys...

rmh

Licensed User
I'm trying to make a solution which when in kiosk mode should stay on top of the device as much as possible, or at least know what keys or buttons have been pressed even if it can do nothing about what happens next.

Unfortunately hk_HardKeyPressed doesn't seem to see every key press, for example on the Orange spv m600 pressing the call key still brings up the phone with no keypress being seen and it's not seeing the left & right menu buttons either.

Is there a solution or workaround to this?

Excellent app. otherwise. well done!

Richard

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this is becsause B4PPC is designed specifically for PDA's, although it works for smartphones running WM5 etc it is unable to catch all the key presses.
Erel will correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Regards,
RandomCoder

rmh

Licensed User
WM5, yes. It's really just a PDA with a phone in it. Keypresses I'm getting are:

13, 37, 38, 39, 40, (enter, left, up, right, down)

193, 194, 195, 196 (btm left, btm right, camera, 'comm manager')

So it looks as though they've used these last two standard 5 pda keys on buttons on the side of the thing. What's missing are the l & r softkeys and the call and hang up buttons.

rmh

Licensed User
Yes, I did see that, thankyou, and I did use a bit of the kiosk code to grab the keys.

My problem seems to be that there are more than 5 keys on my device (there are 10, plus up, dn, l,r & enter) but in \keys there are just the standard five so somewhere (which I've not found yet) there's an extension specific to my hardware.

The problem remains that hk_HardKeyPressed doesn't seem to be catching keypresses of these 5 'extra' keys.