iOS Question NSCalendarsUsageDescription required since Xcode 8

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
After submitting my app (since XCode 8), I am getting this response from Apple:

"This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data."

My app only has iAdMob, iCore and iPhone libs - which lib is causing this? I am not using anything related to calendars.

Last edited:

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Same error for me.
Probably iAdMob, here is link with AdMob SDK latest changes.
https://firebase.google.com/docs/admob/release-notes?hl=zh-TW#ios

2016‑09‑15
  • Removed dependencies on CoreBlueooth, EventKit, and EventKitUI frameworks.
  • Apps no longer need to provide text for NSCalendarsUsageDescription and NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription when updating apps for iOS 10.
  • Removed MRAID 2.0 createCalendarEvent and storePicture support.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting the same error now with hosted builder after uploading my binary.

Worked fine a week or 2 weeks ago tho.

I see that I have the iAdmob 1.5 xml locally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
according to this page > http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.be/2016/09/use-google-mobile-ads-sdk-7110-to.html

"The latest version of the Mobile Ads SDK has been updated for iOS 10, and will no longer cause these errors to appear."

are we still using an outdated version on the servers?

Edit: the log of the app mentioned an outdated 7.11 SDK, altho that one should be bypassing the errors. Unless my release build is made on another server that has an older version.

there's already a 7.14 by the way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks but after a new compile and upload/submit I'm again getting this in my mailbox

"
Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "bionoid". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data."

when I posted my earlier post I also tried that plistExtra method but then it didn't pass either.

any idea how to get around this?

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Alright, now it passed with the additional PlistExtra line.

The libs I was using were iAdmob,iCore,iHttp,iRandomAccessFile & iStore so nothing special.

Upvote 0