Null modem emulator von WM5

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!

Is there anybody who knows, where I can get an null modem emulator for my own basic4ppc-applications? I need a tool, which pairs two serial ports of the pocket-PC and every data which i send out on the first serial port will come in to the second serial port. It seems, that these two ports are connected with a virtual null modem cable. VSPD Mobile from Eltima is such a tool, but to use it in my own application, it is to expensive.

I have tried to find something in the internet. There are a lot of portsplitter, but this is not what im looking for. The null modem tools are very often for desktop-Pc, but not for windows mobile. I can't believe, that there is only one company which developed such a tool.

Thanks a lot...

schimanski

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
using serial lib

Thank you, Mr_Gee!

I have asked this a time ago and erel says, that it is not possible to create this under basic4ppc.
But I still have one question: Can I create more serial ports under windows mobile? On my device it is only possible to create one or two more ports. It is also, that I can't use several ports like COM0, COM2 or perhaps COM3. I can't see, that they are reserved, but it is not possible to send data from my basic4ppc-application to this ports.

Thanks and m.f.G.

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm a NooB in this area,
But I did read in another thread that it was possible to use WM6's built in port splitter, maybe that is an option?
It was the thread GPS4PPC the part that it didnt work on a HTC 3300
Another user provided a link to another topic discussing the serial.dll library