B4A Library OCR - Optical Character Recognition with Google Play Services (Android Vision)

VictorTandil

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Johan. Thanks for this wonderful library. It works perfect, but when you add it to my application, all the menus of the Activities have disappeared. How can I make them appear again?

From already thank you very much.-

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Johan. Thanks for this wonderful library. It works perfect, but when you add it to my application, all the menus of the Activities have disappeared. How can I make them appear again?

From already thank you very much.-
Can you upload a screenshot to show me what it is that you mean?

VictorTandil

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I enabled this line in the "Manifest":

B4X:
SetApplicationAttribute(android:theme, "@style/MyAppTheme")

The three points corresponding to the Menu option disappear together with the title bar (see image at 9:00 p.m.)
On the contrary, if I disable it, the options bar appears again, but when I try to use the scanner, it throws an error saying:

"java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{**.*******.cprmoviles/com.google.android.gms.samples.vision.ocrreader.OcrCaptureActivity}: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity."

Last edited:

ssonap

Licensed User
Sorry for my bad english.
I am beginner in b4a and I try to use "b4aAndroidVisionOCR".
And despite all the explanation of the forum I can not use it.
When I run the program, I have this error message.
I do not understand what blocks.

"Génération du fichier R. Error
C:\Users\CHTING\Desktop\Projets android\b4aAndroidVisionOCR\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\values-v24\values-v24.xml:3: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'.
C:\Users\CHTING\Desktop\Projets android\b4aAndroidVisionOCR\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\values-v24\values-v24.xml:4: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'."

Help me please

a big thank-you

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
See Erel's answer here

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...vices-android-vision.70417/page-3#post-484498

scsjc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, really good library
is possible get all data from a screen... (not only the select box)

thanks

Urishev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, if you explain how to get all the data from the screen, (not only the select box)
I'd be happy.
Thanks

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, if you explain how to get all the data from the screen, (not only the select box)
I'd be happy.
Thanks
I think you should maybe see if someone will be prepared to do a fully wrapped B4A library for this. I have done a "shortcut" wrapper only.

SMOOTSARA

Licensed User
Longtime User

David Hawkins

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi I hope somebody can help me. I have followed Johan's instructions to the letter to get the OCR app working, when I compile the app it compiles without any error but it does not appear to copy the file to my device Sony Experia ZX and therefore the rapid debugger fails to connect to process, I have tried restarting the ADB server to no avail.

All other apps I have created work perfectly just not this one.

I am using AndroidVisionOCR version 1.02 and B4A version 9.50 libraries.

I am baffled???

Does anybody have any ideas.

OK it appears that you cannot have a debug key when using this library. I added a proper key and hey presto all is well in the world.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…