Android Question Offline voice recognition availlable

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see google update has updated the old offline package ...
All users with from jelly bean up CAN USE OFFLINE VOICE RECOGNITION with the latest google update.

Install your offline voice package ..set up the corresponding voice recognition language and your free to use voice actions without internet ...awsome

Question:
Since the old procedure required internet connection ...how do I know if the users has offline voice packege installed and availlable ?

B4a VR function need to be updated to the latest google changes... !

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
will work automatically.

Agree!

Before knowing that this feature was updated and availlable ... I had started automatically data conection if no wifi connection was detected.
Since this new features allow vr to work with out internet I have suspended the feature and let user mark as option ...this data handling meaning that if
he is not connected to wifi or no offline voice package availlable then the data connection will be set to on.

this offline feature ...brought the famous 1 star rate...this is useless works only with internet connection.

Upvote 0

sea121

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello...
if anyone is still interested in the offline voice recognition to make it work you need to uninstall the updates of Google search,
with the latest versions has been disabled, rather restoring a previous version and reinstall the languages, returned to work properly.

Upvote 0

George Popovic

Licensed User
Longtime User
The VoiceRecognition library uses the standard voice recognition service feature. If this service doesn't require internet connection then it will work automatically.
My standard Google keyboard works fine with offline voice recognition (not connected to WiFi) but the B4A voice recognition example does not do voice recognition without an internet connection. Any Ideas as to why not?

Upvote 0