Opendialog Folder

bob

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Crew,

is there any possibility to (pre-) select a folder within the opendialog routine? I just want to open the same directory (/save) each and every time - no need to let the user choose!

Or is the only possibility to adapt the folderchooser example? ie. a blow out from a former single line of code (sload.show) to an additional library (treeview.dll) and many lines of code... is this really necessary?? I just want to load from the same directory (which is a sub dir of where the application is stored) each and every time, but everytime another file therefore the need for a dialog

help? :sign0085:

Bob

kolbe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Bob,

In the desktopOnly.dll you have the possibility of setting the initial directory. As for the device ???

odEX.InitialDirectory = "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents"

bob

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

interesting to read, but it is unfortuntely no option as my application is distributed to many PDA's and they all had to install this tool in advance then...

unbelievable that an operating system restricts an opening requester to one level of folders and let not choose the default directory... so I really have to replace one line of code with many and add an additional lib... unbelievable....

robert