Opening b4x site in Safari

kstainsb

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I open this whole website in Safari on an iPad, it opens in some weird “restricted” mode. There is no navigation tab at the top, I can’t open a link in a new tab or go back! Is it possible to remove the code which is doing this? It would make using the forum a much better experience in Safari..

Thsnks,

kstainsb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here, pic 1, the popup menu doesn't have an open in new tab option. Pic 2, I've scrolled to the top of the screen, and have dragged the top down to show that the usual navigation functions etc have disappeared. I've seen this with a few other sites (eg. slashdot.org used to do this, but have now stopped).
1.jpg
2.jpg

kstainsb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes I'm opening it from a shortcut on the desktop. But I've got dozen's of shortcuts, and this is the only one which opens this way. All the rest open in safari in the usual way..

kstainsb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I've just tried adding a shortcut to the desktop, and this has a different icon and opens the page as a normal webpage, so I'm happy! Interestingly, the original shortcut had the correct Anywhere Software logo, the new shortcut has a xenForo icon instead..

I don't think opening as a 'webapp' is useful to the user at all. It's a complete pain to have to reload from the start and search again or navigate to wherever..

Anyway, the problem seems to have gone away.