Other OSMDROID - Asking for permission to release new Library for V6.1 - @warwound

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I got the Source of the Library from @corwin42 who got it from @warwound some time ago.

I made it compatible with the newest 6.1 Release of OSMDROID.

@warwound I want to ask for permission from you to release the new Library as it is based mostly on your source. The Library will be free for sure. I just want to give it to all B4A users to use it as an alternative for Google Maps.

I would have started a conversation posting a link to the new Library and sources. Unfortunately creating a conversation is not possible. This is the reason i am asking here in the public.

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@warwound I want to ask for permission from you to release the new Library as it is based mostly on your source. The Library will be free for sure. I just want to give it to all B4A users to use it as an alternative for Google Maps.

Hi Don.

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes you have my permission to release your updated Osmdroid lib.

Upvote 0

Philip Prins

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got the Source of the Library from @corwin42 who got it from @warwound some time ago.

I made it compatible with the newest 6.1 Release of OSMDROID.

I would have started a conversation posting a link to the new Library and sources. Unfortunately creating a conversation is not possible. This is the reason i am asking here in the public.
Hello Don Manfred,

Where can i find the new OSM lib?

Regards,
Philip

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Where can i find the new OSM lib?
Nowhere as it is not yet released.
I´m really busy as of now. Need to prepare some things first. Don´t know when i have the time, sorry.

Upvote 0

pompierecattivo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
i'm very interested in any developing can help us to upgrade the great warwound osmdroid library. And of course thanks to donmanfred. My request is if any news can be published here (waiting for a dedicated thread) as i can subscribe this topic and i will be informed by push news. Thank you.

Upvote 0

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
i'm very interested in any developing can help us to upgrade the great warwound osmdroid library. And of course thanks to donmanfred. My request is if any news can be published here (waiting for a dedicated thread) as i can subscribe this topic and i will be informed by push news. Thank you.

I am very interested in this as well and wonder what is happening with this?
Has this been abandoned?

RBS

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
waiting for a dedicated thread
It will come at time.
Has this been abandoned?
Not really. It is more based on no time as i do have a double job to do at work since a few months. And it probably last a few months more.

I´m happy when i can go to home. Unfortunately i do not have the mood to play with this library these days.

Upvote 0

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
It will come at time.

Not really. It is more based on no time as i do have a double job to do at work since a few months. And it probably last a few months more.
I´m happy when i can go to home. Unfortunately i do not have the mood to play with this library these days.

OK, thanks. Glad to hear this is still in the pipeline.

RBS

Upvote 0

AngeloR

Licensed User
Good morning,
I am having several problems with osmdroid version 4.1 working with sdk 29, I ask if the new library is expected to be released soon.

Upvote 0