Other push notifications?

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
What might some of the other push notifications be available for me to 'wake up' my app? I'm using SMS now to send in a wakeup msg and using the _MessageRecieved() to intercept it, etc.

I was wondering if we have any other kinds of incoming notifications that I could use to 'wakeup' my app if SMS wasn't an option for my user?

Thanks...

MiniDemonic

Licensed User
Longtime User
What about this part? Erel's sample app C2DM tutorial says this:

"You are now ready to test it!
Run the B4A project, enter a name in the text field and press on the Register button. You should see a toast message saying Registration successful. Messages are also printed to the logs. It can take several seconds.
This means two things. Your device has registered with Google servers and also that the registration id was sent to the developer web service (currently configured with the service hosted here) with the specified name.
The name will be used to reference the device. Note that each device must have a unique name."

My user's device will have to be registered in order to receive C2DM msg's from my website. If they don't have to do anything, how does their device name get registered into the C2DM system?

Found this thread while searching for something else, so you might've solved by yourself already.

But incase you still need help you can follow my tutorial on custom push notifications using your own server(or another device) and UDPSocket.

http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4andr...-notifications-server-included.html#post86195

Upvote 0

grafsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not understand it ... sorry, newbie

Hi,

I just typed in some name.

Nothing happened at all.

Can someone help me?

Upvote 0