Android Question OutOfMemory Compiling

Juan Marrero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. I developed an app back in 2015. The app is for a Pizzeria. In the app you can order for delivery, carry-out and dine-in. The order is sent to an FTP and another app in B4J open the order, prints it in the kitchen printer and display a toast message in the PC that an order has arrived. I updated the app a couple of months ago to add a Facebook link and a Google Maps link. After I upgraded to B4A 6.50 I didn't touch the app till yesterday (12/29/2016) Google started complaining about a Private Policy because I retrieve the phone number from the device to include it in the order so the pizzeria can call the customer to confirm. I decided to take out that retrieval of the phone number and just show an input dialog to enter the phone number manually. Now just a few seconds after stating compilation an OutOfMemory error is thrown appears.
B4X:
B4A version: 6.50
Parsing code.  (0.15s)
Compiling code.  Error
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
Any idea why? The largest PNG file in the Files folder is 376KB.

Juan Marrero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried it. Didn't worked. My guess is I have to create a new project and start copying each module to see which one is not letting the project to compile.

Upvote 0

Juan Marrero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow Erel. Your guess was correct. Thanks. Right to the root of the problem. :) Proceeding to create that layout again.

Upvote 0