B4J Question Output of B4J execute directory

Jeanc161

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there someone who knows where the output of the compiled results is located, I have a build configuration as joe.mycompany.net, and if i compile in release mode, i know that there is a file result.apk in objects directory where the project is stored and edited on my local hard drive, but nowhere i can see the output as jos.mycompany.net like i see on B4A in android/data/joe.mycompany.net/Files where i see the files that compose the project except the final .apk wich is located on the root/subdir i think etc or something like that of the cellphone or tablet, wich is normal in order to execute the apk for android that is stored on the linux file structure, inside the androis OS.

But if i compile in release mode, should i have a directory structure where the final result.apk is executed. And if i compile with the new option Build Executable in B4J V 8.30, i think i will know where the final output will be, because all of this cause me a problem to get some files that i use in the Assets directory, even when using the File.DirAssets, wich should be in the .jar file to be accessible.
i got a lot of FileNotFound on specific files that are stored on assets dir even if i use the add files from the file management to insert files that i will use inside my app.

So anyone who might shed some light on this process will be welcome.

I intend to use the new builder to deploy application for windows desktop so that it will be simpler to distribute and install by final users, but i need to know where the output in release mode is to check for file, because i copy the files from dirassets to the DirData using a sub in my app, and point to that directory after to access my files, but can't find it.

Thanks all

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this an Android question (apk). If so, posted in the wrong forum... Can not really figure out what you are talking about here...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeanc161

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is for B4J not B4A The B4A question for this is already answered, but not in the BAj, So anyone who knows this, Give me some answers so that i can try to figure it out Thanks All...

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The jar has the name result.jar if the projectfile (*.b4j) has a space in the filename.

If your project is named myProject.b4j then the generated jar is named myProject.jar

The jar is always created in the Objects folder of your project.

Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
FYI. I just noticed: when the project file contains a hyphen (-) the same occurs: the jar file will named "result.jar"

Upvote 0