Android Question Panel background-black problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ydm

Licensed User
Longtime User
I set the panel background with BitmapDrawable.

Dim bd As BitmapDrawable
bd.Initialize(LoadBitmap(File.DirRootExternal,"pic1.jpg"))
bd.Gravity = Gravity.FILL
panel1.Background = bd

No problem so far. I move to another page, I change layout. When I switch to the previous layout again, the panel appears black. The image that I set as the background is not visible. How can I solve this problem?

Ydm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please use [code]code here...[/code] tags when posting code.
If the code I wrote was long, I would have understood your warning. I wrote 4 lines of code. You understood what the code is and you give such an answer. You could have helped until I wrote this if you knew.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If the code I wrote was long, I would have understood your warning. I wrote 4 lines of code. You understood what the code is and you give such an answer. You could have helped until I wrote this if you knew.

there are guidelines in this forum. one of them is to post any code snippet in code tags. another is to keep a polite and respectful discussion. especially if you respond to the administrator!

Upvote 0

Ydm

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not doing any disrespect. Google translate may translate a little differently. I am a licensed user and I use this forum to get technical support. Because there is no other way. If there is an answer to be given, it is given and the necessary warning is given at the end. Members will pay more attention from now on. If only a warning is given and no response is given, the intention is not good.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not doing any disrespect. Google translate may translate a little differently. I am a licensed user and I use this forum to get technical support. Because there is no other way. If there is an answer to be given, it is given and the necessary warning is given at the end. Members will pay more attention from now on. If only a warning is given and no response is given, the intention is not good.
according to your second response, I am not sure that google translate is the problem. no one here owns you anything. by helping you we just make you a favor. my advice to you if you want to get help is to ask more politely your question.

anyway, from your code we can not tell much. upload an example project where your problem can be recreated.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Dim bd As BitmapDrawable
bd.Initialize(LoadBitmap(File.DirRootExternal,"pic1.jpg"))
bd.Gravity = Gravity.FILL
panel1.Background = bd
Hi @Ydm

I tried your code in my project and it worked.
Maybe my project is different. Can you upload your project to check ?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not a warning. It is a request. It should take you two minutes to fix.
There are many new posts each day and it is more difficult for me as well as all other members, to read code that is not posted properly.

About your question:

1. Code with File.DirRootExternal = broken code.
2. If this is a new project then switch to B4XPages and forget from all such issues.
3. I cannot say anything else as the actual problem is not in the code you posted.
4. As you chose not to edit your post and fix the missing code tag, I will not further help you.

Upvote 0

Ydm

Licensed User
Longtime User
4. As you chose not to edit your post and fix the missing code tag, I will not further help you.
If you are going to provide technical support in this way, there is no point in using B4a and B4i anyway. Waste of time for nothing.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it may be deleted.

no, it should stay. so people can see what Erel sometimes has to deal with.
such behavior makes me really angry :mad:

from a simple and legitimate request of editing a post with code tags that is 1 of the guidelines in this forum and that also came from the admin and creator of b4x that helps 100's of devs every day it comes to such a response.

If you are going to provide technical support in this way, there is no point in using B4a and B4i anyway. Waste of time for nothing.

in one part I do agree with him. it is a waste of time helping him.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for this kind word. But it should be for Erel as without his selfless hardwork, I would not be here.

Not only he gave B4A for free but he keeps on adding features and enhancements to it.

And yes members here always help me in all my problems.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.