Part of the Application not showing in HTC Desire HD

akaliptos69

Licensed User
Longtime User
First things first... Good morning from Greece everyone. This is my first thread and post on this forum which (for the past 3 weeks) has been a holy bible for me. Thank you everyone for the gr8 posts and threads, for all the solutions and all the tips and tricks that helped me solve all my problems on creating my first android app.

Now to the point.

I have created an application for the greek government (I am a public sector software engineer) which you can find here (in case you want to check it out). Don't worry about the words (it's all greek to you... obviously). Soon I will manufacture an english version as well.

I am using a custom android rom on HTC HD2 (CM 2.3.7 SD Rom) for testing and evaluating. In my device this program runs very smoothly, fast and flawlessly. Yesterday I tried it to my wife's HTC Desire HD 2.3.3 official rom device. The program loads and works perfectly except from one point. From the top first button of this screen loads this screen

From this step the user has to follow this procedure that follows:

Step 1: Select from list 1 loads list 2 (screenshot)
Step 2: Selecting from list 2 loads list 3 (ScreenShot)
Step 3: If you select anything but the 2nd option on list 3 gives you a complete list to select (screenshot), but if you select the second loads list 4 (screenshot).
Step 4 (if option 2 is selected from list 3): Selecting from list 4 provides a complete list (ListView) to select from (screenshot)
Step 5: Selecting from the complete list loads the details of the selected value (Screenshot).

Now this is the procedure that the program will follow if it works properly. The problem is that in my wife's Desire HD it gets stuck on Step 3 (no matter what you select on list 3) and goes no further.

Important notes...

Note 1: I have tested it in 2 more devices and works perfectly.
Note 2: I use a listview in the same program under the top second option from the main screen and it works perfectly everywhere and in DesireHD. (screenshot)
Note 3: It seems that only in step 3 something is happening and only in DesireHD...
Note 4: Everything works perfectly in Android Emulator.

Tell me what you need from the code (so I can provide).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance and I am sorry for the long post.

Attachments

• ScreenMedSupsList.png
    ScreenMedSupsList.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 175
  • ScreenMedSupsDet.png
    ScreenMedSupsDet.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 214
  • screenmain.png
    screenmain.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 243
  • FindMedSupScr1.png
    FindMedSupScr1.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 234
  • FindMedSupScr2.png
    FindMedSupScr2.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 217
  • FindMedSupScr3.png
    FindMedSupScr3.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 236
  • FindMedSupScr6.png
    FindMedSupScr6.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 240
  • FindMedSupScr4.png
    FindMedSupScr4.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 231
  • FindMedSupScr5.png
    FindMedSupScr5.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 258
  • FindServScr1.png
    FindServScr1.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

akaliptos69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry about that Erel my bad.

The program gets stuck on this screen going no further on the described procedure, no matter what selection is placed on list 3 (Option 2 produces one more selection list and a list view (ScreenShot), Every other option on list 3 produces a list view with no extra selection lists(ScreenShot)).

Is it more clear now?

And Yes I rebooted the phone and the problem remains...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

akaliptos69

Licensed User
Longtime User
To make it more clear here is the code that executes when the user selects smthing from list 3

B4X:
Sub spnrType_ItemClick (Position As Int, Value As Object)
   Dim RowCounterQRY As String
   If Value = "Ιατροί" Then ' Second Value on List 3
      isitDoctor = True
      LblSpecial.Visible = True
      spnrSpecial.Visible = True
      ListViewMedSuppliers.Clear
      ListViewMedSuppliers.Height = (64%y) - 10
      ListViewMedSuppliers.Top = spnrSpecial.Top + spnrSpecial.Height + 1
      ListViewMedSuppliers.Visible = False
      FindDocSpecialities(spnrNomos.SelectedItem, spnrCity.SelectedItem)
      RowCounterQRY = "Select count(...) FROM ... WHERE " & _
                  "... = 1 AND " & _
                  "Trim(...) = '" & spnrNomos.SelectedItem & "' AND "
      If spnrCity.SelectedItem = "-ΧΩΡΙΣ ΠΟΛΗ" Then
         RowCounterQRY = RowCounterQRY & "... is null"
      Else
         RowCounterQRY = RowCounterQRY & "Trim(...) = '" & Value & "'"
      End If
      If SQL1.ExecQuerySingleResult(RowCounterQRY) = 1 Then
         spnrSpecial_ItemClick(0, spnrSpecial.GetItem(0))
      Else
         'ToastMessageShow ("Επιλέξτε Ειδικότητα Ιατρού",True)
      End If
   Else
      isitDoctor = False
      ListViewMedSuppliers.Clear
      ListViewMedSuppliers.Height = (64%y) + spnrSpecial.Height + 1
      ListViewMedSuppliers.Top = spnrSpecial.Top
      ShowNotDoctorsList(spnrNomos.SelectedItem, spnrCity.SelectedItem, spnrType.SelectedItem)
   End If
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

akaliptos69

Licensed User
Longtime User
By the way the only bugger in my head is that the program doesn't freeze (as we say freeze is stuck and does nothing) it still works fully, menu button, back button and all the controls on the current screen work like a charm ... but the procedure doesn't continue further as described in the first post for some unknown reason... anyway will try the bridge and come back soon...

Upvote 0

pluton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Note 3: It seems that only in step 3 something is happening and only in DesireHD...

If everything else works in other phones then something is diffrent with that DesireHD
I see that you tested and work in emulator and other devices.

Maybe look what android versions are that test devices (phones) and what is DesireHD. I think that it has something with android versions maybe.

EDIT:
On Lg Optimus show everything. See screens

Attachments

• greek1.png
    greek1.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 164
  • greek2.png
    greek2.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Upvote 0

akaliptos69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Pluton for the feedback. Still haven't got the opp to check it out. Prob will do on weekend. Thank you both, will get back at you.

Upvote 0

akaliptos69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great... thank you Barry for the feedback. I am currently working on figuring out what is going on with the two devices that don't seem to work properly. Will post results as soon as I get something. As far as the bridge... nothing seems to have a problem... don't know what is going wrong. As soon as I find it I will post it.

Upvote 0

akaliptos69

Licensed User
Longtime User
SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem was found on the queries that where executed for generating the lists or the spinner. On those queries, for some odd reason I cannot explain, for some of the criteria these two devices (HTC Desire HD and HTC Sensation) where uppercasing the data. So all I had to do was add the upper() function on the criteria and everything worked like a charm.

Bottom line... If you have queries running on your apps, check the criterias, cause some devices are upper cassing for some reason the values dynamically added to the queries and mess up the results.

Thank for everything people and for the feedback... Soon I will upload the final version in here and on google Store. It will be a free app.

Thanks again for everything... will be keeping you posted on the english version of the application. It will be helpfull for anyone visiting greece for any reason (vacation, work etc).

Last edited:
Upvote 0