iOS Question [Partially solved] Trouble receiving Firebase Crashlytics' reports

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have some problems trying to use @Biswajit's Firebase Crashlytics and seeing the results in the Firebase Console.

The most probable cause is that I have something misconfigured somewhere, but can't find what :(. The fact is that I had this lib integrated in a project since time ago, but had never really gone into the Firebase console to check for crash info.

I am using B4i 7.80 with Local Builder. To test it, started a new project
  • Set a new project in Firebase console
  • Enable Firebase analytics for this project
  • Donwload GoogleServicesInfo.plist and add it to my Files/Special folder
  • In my B4i project (using the Crashlytics thread example as a base):
    • I'm using a distribution certificate and an adhoc provisioning profile.
    • Enable both FirebaseAnalytics and CrashLytics libs
    • Init both of them in AppStart
    • The program sends a couple of analytics messages, and has the 'crash' test function when pressing a button
  • Build it in Release mode
  • Upload the DSYM to Firebase
  • Run the app: press the button and crashes as expected

Regarding the app, everything seems to work ok. But in my Firebase console, when I go to the 'Crashlytics' board, I see a message (direct translation) "We detected your app and waiting for error/crash to happen" <-- it doesn't move from here.

Additional info:
  • I can see the analytics messages in the console.
  • In the B4i app, I've checked with messageBoxes that the automatic collection is indeed enabled after accepting it.

Is there anything else that I must set up in my Firebase console or any other obvious thing that I can be missing?

Thanks in advance.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, I've seen the related threads and I'll check it.

However, I'd like to take advantage of all the already existing integration with Google Analytics, statistics and everything that the Firebase Console offers. It is not exactly a customer request, but since the Android version of this app is using Crashlytics they'd like to have everything 'in one place'

The question remains open. I'd need to have a confirmation if someone is currently using FirebaseCrashlytics with B4i and it works as intended, so I can confirm that the problem is with my setup or somewhere else.

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks a lot to @Biswajit , who gave me some key indications, now I have it working. Even though I'm not totally sure if the solution can bring problems in the future (*).

Seems to be that in the latest (at least, the latest that I could find) Firebase SDK for Local Mac published in the forum, Crashlytics is a 4.0.0_beta version. On the other hand, Crashlytics should be at least 4.0.0+ so that everything works.
As a test, downloaded the latest SDK HERE and just replaced the Crashlytics framework (only the arm64 version, for test purposes) in my Local Builder's Lib folder.
Immediately it worked.

(*) I guess that there can be implications by only changing one of the frameworks, since there can be dependencies/incompatibilities with others. In this case it worked, even though I must still check that Firebase notifications are still working and nothing is broken.

@Erel. Would it be possible to update at some moment the latest Firebase SDK for Local Mac?:)

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Update: For some reason it is only working with the 'test crash' that the same library allows to produce in order to test it. When a real crash happens (managed to produce a couple of them with different types), I can't see anything about it in the Firebase console.šŸ˜Ÿ

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm delaying this problem but sooner than later my customer needs it to be solved.

Could someone just confirm that he/she's successfully using Firebase Crashlytics (with @Biswajit 's wrapper or directly through nativeObject), either using the Local or Hosted builder?

I need to know if the latest Firebase Crashlytics framework is usable with B4i.

Upvote 0