Android Question Pass contents of notification to another page

Makumbi

Licensed User
B4X:
Dim n As NB6
                n.Initialize("default", Application.LabelName, "HIGH").SmallIcon(smiley)
                n.Build(quot.Get("sms"), "Kabojja Junior School", "tag", Sendsms).Notify(9)

Please help how can i get contents of quot.Get("sms") passed to sendsms page so that they are viewable

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you look at the example Erel provided in the NB6 thread? (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/nb6-notifications-builder-class-2018.91819/)

You use the tag parameter in the n.Build call (in your case "tag") to pass the value, then you get it by calling HasExtra("Notification_Tag") in the Activity_Resume of the activity that you defined in the n.Build call (in your case Sendsms).

B4X:
Sub Activity_Resume
    Dim in As Intent = Activity.GetStartingIntent
    If in.IsInitialized And in <> OldIntent Then
        OldIntent = in
        If in.HasExtra("Notification_Tag") Then
            Log("Activity started from notification. Tag: " & in.GetExtra("Notification_Tag"))
        End If
    End If
End Sub

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Makumbi

Licensed User
Did you look at the example Erel provided in the NB6 thread? (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/nb6-notifications-builder-class-2018.91819/)

You use the tag parameter in the n.Build call (in your case "tag") to pass the value, then you get it by calling HasExtra("Notification_Tag") in the Activity_Resume of the activity that you defined in the n.Build call (in your case Sendsms).
This is what i have put on my sendsms but now how to get the contents from my notification and how can i define the oldintent as seen in your example
B4X:
Sub Activity_Resume
    If in.IsInitialized And in <> OldIntent Then
        OldIntent = in
            Log("Activity started from notification. Tag: " & in.GetExtra("Notification_Tag"))
        End If
    End If
End Sub

- Colin.
B4X:
    'If in.IsInitialized And in <> OldIntent Then
        'OldIntent = in
        End If
    'End If

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Download the example app attached to the first post in the thread I referenced in my reply. It shows you exactly how to do what you want. I'm not going to write your code for you (unless you're offering me a job of course! :)).

- Colin.

Upvote 0