Android Question Path contains illegal characters!!!

Devv

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

this is my android location

B4X:
C:\Users\Alexander\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-15\android.jar

i get the following message when i start b4a or complie

Path contains illegal characters. Please install Basic4android in a path without spaces (this issue is related to Android SDK).

any ideas ?

Devv

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes , re installing B4A on "c:\B4a" solved the problem
but it is wired how default installation path is making a problem !

and i also needed to remove spaces from my external lib location
tnx bro

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Quoting Erel ..
On most computers there is no problem with spaces. On some computer for unknown reason the Windows API which returns the "safe name" doesn't work properly. In that cases you need to move Basic4android to a folder without spaces.

Upvote 0

Dave61

Licensed User
Longtime User
My B4A is installed in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android
and I started getting this message today after moving my project directory from C drive to D drive.
I didn't change the program directory. And all of the projects except one still work fine - I was just about to make a bug report about the Table class possibly not liking project directory on a different drive when I came upon this topic.
So, I will grab the newest beta version and install in a different folder and see if that fixes the problem.

...yes, it did fix it. But I have no idea why some projects continued to load and work fine and only 1 project threw the error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0