PayPal MPL library

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you tried the 2 keys already with the App ?
At least one should work.

Ei, tu desch doch eenfach mal probiere ;-)

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use this lib but you cannot bill the user for a Fullversion. Google does not allow to put money on google account (google wallet) with paypal. Creditcard or Wallet-Card is required.

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use this lib but you cannot bill the user for a Fullversion. Google does not allow to put money on google account (google wallet) with paypal. Creditcard or Wallet-Card is required.

In my scenario I wish to use paypal to allow the user to buy some app features with the free version of my app.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If your "addons" are only downloadable - addition to the running app - content from your webserver then you can use this lib to sell things to your users. BUT you need to get rid of user who buyed something and enable the right download for him by yourself.

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Alternate to that you can make an own "AppShop" on your webspace...THEN you can do what you want.
As DonManfred wrote, Google and Paypal use concurental payment systems (btw: PayPal is owned by ebay).

Kommt da jemand aus Hessen?
Jo, heute mal wieder mit der Bahn nach NRW von FFM (HG) :D

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Be aware, today google suspended all my aps on google play, that was using this lib.

Pablo Torres

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, sorry to trouble you, I am trying to use this example with a Samsung S4 mini (I9190), but it keep bringing me an error, I don't know why, I am trying to make a payment to myself in order to test if it really works (I know it works cause you say so, but I need to make it work for me)
So ... I can't do it, it says "Login failed. Please try again"
Can you please help me?
Thank you for your time

Pablo Torres

Pablo Torres

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know what this means, it says "Sandbox" on the right lower corner, is that ok or I´m doing something wrong?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Read the paypal api documentation. Somewhere in this you must find informations of what uls you have to use for sandbox and which url is for production purposes.

Edit: Or maybe the lib has an flag you have to set... libname.usesandbox = false/true or something... I dont know the library.

For production you have to use usesandbox = false (if there is such a setting in lib)

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
<name>Initialize</name>
<comment>Initializes the PayPal object. The Ready event will be raised when the service is ready.
AppId - PayPal app id.
Sandbox - Whether to run in sandbox mode.
EventName - Sets the subs that will handle the events.</comment>

so the 2nd parameter of initialize should be set to false in production and to true for testing purposes.

Maybe you AppID you set in initialization is not correct?

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
  pp.Initialize("APP-80W284485P519543T", True, "paypal")
End Sub
Change TRUE to FALSE

And of course change the key to yours :rolleyes:

Pablo Torres

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did have a personal account but yesterday I opened a Business account, but I don't know how to get an ID, is that the reason for not to show the button?

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did have a personal account but yesterday I opened a Business account, but I don't know how to get an ID, is that the reason for not to show the button?
You dont need a business account.
And without the id the button isnt showed.
Look in the account details for this app