Share My Creation Personal golf caddy (WEAR OS)

This is just a personal app I wrote to keep track of my golf score and the distances I hit with each club. This info is then used in later games to suggest a club, depending on the distance I am from the green.

As my watch does not have an internal GPS, my phone is sending the new distances about every 5 seconds to the watch (if changed). I used Google Maps to get all the latitudes and longitudes of all the holes from my local course and then did a round to verify them and it was pretty accurate.

To make this app, I had to write a new library ABWearOS: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/abwearos-library-1-0.98034

I've spend about a week writing the library, but the app itself only took me something like 2-3 hours. B4A power! ;)

Screen.png

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is just a personal app I wrote to keep track of my golf score and the distances I hit with each club.

Hello AB.
It's a shame that I don't, cough cough cough, can't play golf without hitting the green and almost breaking my right thumb, I'll stick to cycling and snooker.

Your wear app does look great though.
So you are using GPS and not FLP???

I still need to find the time to figure out how to use your library to request info like steps, health data etc if pos...