Personal Pocket PC Wiki

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Added a cool new feature. Auto To Do List.
When viewing any page click on the + icon to add a link to that page in the ToDo page. Click the - icon to remove it from the ToDo page.

Include the todo page into your home page abd there your go a semi automated ToDo list.

PPC Version 0.80
  • Fixed SQL forms so the page can be included in other pages.
  • Added Auto To DO. Include page wikiNameToDo into any wiki page probable the home page. Clicking + on any page will add that page name to the To Do list
  • Added Find & Find Next buttons to edit screen
Desktop Version 0.80
  • Fixed SQL forms so the page can be included in other pages.
  • Added Auto To DO. Include page wikiNameToDo into any wiki page probable the home page. Clicking + on any page will add that page name to the To Do list
  • Added Find & Find Next buttons to edit screen

Last edited:

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok it just gets better

Version 0.81
  • Added folding headers. Headers are not folded/hidden by default. If you follow the "+" with a "-" they will be folded/hidden from view.
  • Added search field to index and backlinks.
  • Added ability to delete pages. Simply erase all contents and click save, The page will be deleted.
  • Added menu option in edit mode to insert link. this will show a list of pages to insert links to.
  • Fix- was adding close body and html tags when it was an included page
Version 0.81
  • Added folding headers. Headers are not folded/hidden by default. If you follow the "+" with a "-" they will be folded/hidden from view.
  • Added ability to delete pages. Simply erase all contents and click save, The page will be deleted.
  • Added menu option in edit mode to insert link. this will show a list of pages to insert links to.
  • Fix- was adding close body and html tags when it was an included page

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is the latest update.

Version 0.83
  • When editing a page choose "Convert To Links" and PPPCWiki will search the page & convert text to links if a file exists spelt exactly the same.
  • Added "Find Orphan Pages" feature - Needs more testing but seems 99% effective
Version 0.82
  • Improved header folding. When closing a header all sub headers will close within it.
  • Added Namespace. So a link like \dir\filename will create the directory and then put that file into that directory - Incomplete
  • Added insert backlinks menu.

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am considering changing tact with this project.

Due to little to no interest I and thinking about dropping support for multiple wiki types.

This will allow consolidation of a lot of code, and a smaller exe file. I believe supporting multiple syntax's will become too unwieldy, especially for the ppc.

Unless anyone can propose a way for me to create some sort of plugin that would accompany the exe file.

regards
Tony

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am considering changing tact with this project.

Due to little to no interest I and thinking about dropping support for multiple wiki types.

This will allow consolidation of a lot of code, and a smaller exe file. I believe supporting multiple syntax's will become too unwieldy, especially for the ppc.

Unless anyone can propose a way for me to create some sort of plugin that would accompany the exe file.

regards
Tony

Hi Tony,

I'm not sure how many people are using a wiki or realize how useful one can be. I know that I'm using version .74 and it does everything I need it to do.

As to supporting multiple syntax, I always thought that if all of the parser could be contained in a separate module it would work best. I'm not sure if there is a way to select an overlay at run time to switch between syntax, but it would allow someone to at least compile in a version that they use. I'm using a lot more of Dokuwiki and would like to see this supported, but as you say it adds overhead.

But in simple form, passing an HTML string to the parser and getting wiki returned back would be the goal.

To your question about a plug-in; I've had to give that some thought because I wanted to create a plug-in for my weather project so that people could write their own UI (using the webrowser as a container and using javascript, which would be an external file) I'm not sure how easy it would be to use javascript to create a parser though.

[edit] realized that the wiki parser needs a wiki string passed to it and to return html. I had it backwards. Also probably need to pass an array as a second parameter with global settings (ie wiki directory, etc) to make it work

Last edited:

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am happy to release version 1.

Many bugs fixed in this release.

There may be a problem putting more than one image per page. Seems only to effect some PDA's. If anyone can fix this I'll put them on my Christmas card list.

Please Test and let me know how all goes.

ENJOY

Version 1
  • Fixed - statistics now better.
  • Fixed Bug - page deletion now works properly I was trying to delet from the wrong directory
  • Fixed bug - namespaces now properly supported instead of the half heated attempt first made.
    Searches etc work properly
    convert to links etc now supports namespaces also.
  • Fixed bug - where blank pages were being creted in more than one directory
  • Fixed bug - now opens to last page if that option is selected.
  • Fixed bug - not opening thing in correct application IE links with extention jpg or JPG. I was only checking lowwer case.
  • Fixed bug - Removed additional carriage return at end of file
  • In Portrait mode when editing, lower the SIP (Keypad) to see the smiley's and checkox short cuts
  • Added time and date icon to edit screen. Allows quick entry of current time or date.

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am happy to release version 1.

Many bugs fixed in this release.

There may be a problem putting more than one image per page. Seems only to effect some PDA's. If anyone can fix this I'll put them on my Christmas card list.

Please Test and let me know how all goes.

ENJOY

Version 1
  • Fixed - statistics now better.
  • Fixed Bug - page deletion now works properly I was trying to delet from the wrong directory
  • Fixed bug - namespaces now properly supported instead of the half heated attempt first made.
    Searches etc work properly
    convert to links etc now supports namespaces also.
  • Fixed bug - where blank pages were being creted in more than one directory
  • Fixed bug - now opens to last page if that option is selected.
  • Fixed bug - not opening thing in correct application IE links with extention jpg or JPG. I was only checking lowwer case.
  • Fixed bug - Removed additional carriage return at end of file
  • In Portrait mode when editing, lower the SIP (Keypad) to see the smiley's and checkox short cuts
  • Added time and date icon to edit screen. Allows quick entry of current time or date.

Congrats on your version 1 release! I will download and take it for a test drive.

Attached is a test project with the slash syntax with an extra parameter so that it is all self-contained. (the assumption is that it is a "plug-in" and it can't reference global variables)

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Attached is a test project with the slash syntax with an extra parameter so that it is all self-contained. (the assumption is that it is a "plug-in" and it can't reference global variables)
That works quite well. I'll nave to look at doing the same to Blade. Only thing is a lot of features are built into the program so we will have to look at that in order to make everything uniform if we are going to continue along this line.

Need to consider how to set shortcut buttons etc to be changed to suite the current wiki type. Whether to set them to global to make them changeable and then we would need to be able to change the sub that they link to when clicked.

Thoughts...

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Need to come up with a new name for what was once "Blade" as my wiki now has many more features than Blade. I was thinking "BladePlus" but would probably like to ditch the Blade name all together.

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyone following this thread may like to checkout my website and forum

Last edited:

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thought it was about time I updated this thread.

Version 1.6.4 is now available either on my website(compiled version) or source code is in post #1

I cant even begin to remember the changes to list here but there are many many bug fixes.

This version is very stable and well worth a look.:sign0060:

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
I need help getting drawing part of program to work correctly.
  • When you edit a wiki page, choose insert drawing from the menu.
  • You will see the wait cursor then nothing.
  • Now Minimize (press the red hang up button) to send the program to the back and bring the Today screen to the front.
  • Go to the task manager and bring the wiki program back to the top and you will be presented with the drawing screen.
  • Draw whatever and click save.
  • Wiki program automatically goes to the back and Today screen is visible.
  • Use task manager to bring wiki program back and you are back at the edit screen for the wiki page.
I really need to find why my program disappears and misbehaves.
Attached to this post

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is a version with an updated mdlDraw.

The problem you have seems to be in the init or config files with TextEdit.Top

With the version in your last post:
- run the program
- exit with the Quit button
- run again and it works OK

Best regards.

Attachments

• PPPCWiki.zip
    273 KB · Views: 393

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
All fixed. I was calling the drawing form from in the middle of a sub & thus it was not displaying. All better now.

Thanks every one.